+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Only thing I can think of is how does he treat it. Does he get angry at the controller if he loses at something ? My ds has headphones to talk to his friends from school and where the wire goes into the headphone that cord there can very easily be bent if not treated properly. Ds wrapped his cable up and it split quite easily so now sound cuts in and out. It would be the same in any cable as they are made that cheap

No one wants you to get hurt that is the last thing on anyone's minds

Thanks
    Reviews
    I would just completely ignore him as Supergranny said. Don't consider him in your day to day life. Dinner, washing, outings. I would completely disregard he was there. Just shut the door to him in his room, and go about your life. Just go out shopping without telling him where you are going. Cos obviously he isn't interested in what you are doing or the kids. So just ignore him. It may also make you cope better rather than stressing about him and what he is not doing. He may or may not wake up to the fact that you are doing this. Give it a go, you have nothing to lose by the sounds of it

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 4LeafClover For This Useful Post:

Bluebirdgirl  (10-01-2017),SuperGranny  (10-01-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've stepped on a few of the cords and busted them before, he's mechanically minded and manages to fix them. Give him credit there, he can always manage to repair anything that breaks.
    We live pretty separately. Only reason he gets dinner is because I'm already cooking for myself and the kids. I only do his washing when I get sick of the mountain of dirty washing piled up on his side of the bed.
    There's not much left between us these days. We sleep in the same bed but that's all the happens in there. He stays up til 2-3 am and sleeps in until midday. Keeps us pretty apart. I just don't know how to begin leaving. He's the only real boyfriend I've ever had. If I leave I need a plan and money and somewhere to go and I don't really have any of those things. I really just want a week apart from each other to see if we miss each other or if it changes anything but there's no where practical for me and the kids to go. I feel very stuck.

SuperGranny is offline Worlds best grandma! Winner 2012 - Most Helpful Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    hi mammadrama. contact your local centerlink or even the salvos, even your GP. You are in a bad situation. I don't know what might be near to you but there must be someone who can help you get out of this. Start the ball rolling. hugs, marie.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mammadrama View Post
    I've stepped on a few of the cords and busted them before, he's mechanically minded and manages to fix them. Give him credit there, he can always manage to repair anything that breaks.
    We live pretty separately. Only reason he gets dinner is because I'm already cooking for myself and the kids. I only do his washing when I get sick of the mountain of dirty washing piled up on his side of the bed.
    There's not much left between us these days. We sleep in the same bed but that's all the happens in there. He stays up til 2-3 am and sleeps in until midday. Keeps us pretty apart. I just don't know how to begin leaving. He's the only real boyfriend I've ever had. If I leave I need a plan and money and somewhere to go and I don't really have any of those things. I really just want a week apart from each other to see if we miss each other or if it changes anything but there's no where practical for me and the kids to go. I feel very stuck.
    Is there somewhere else you can sleep? Since he doesn't listen to you at all, and you don't have the means to physically up and leave, maybe living a separate life to him but in the same house might be the closest thing to a wake up call he's going to get. You said you basically already live separate lives, but the fact that he's on his xbox all the time probably means he doesn't even realise or notice. Maybe if you remove the one remaining tie of sleeping in the same bed, he'll realise you are seriously contemplating saying goodbye to him if he doesn't make some changes.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Also I know it's easy to say "he should be the one to leave" and harder to action because they can just refuse to leave. What's the situation with your house, owned or rented?

Honestly I'd be asking him to leave. You're basically a sole parent since he's on his xbox all the time, you and your children should not be expected to uproot your lives to get away from him. He needs to take his xbox and go somewhere else

8. The Following User Says Thank You to CazHazKidz For This Useful Post:

SuperGranny  (11-01-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I would try and get a plan together and leave. This is not healthy. Do you have family/friends that could help? Is it possible to get him to leave?
    Does he even work if he sleeps until midday?

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Hopeful37 For This Useful Post:

4B2L  (13-01-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    From a different post you said your mum is 1 hr away. Even though you stated she said will say leave. Mums always have very good words of wisdom when they to have been in the same shoes. I would pack up and go to your mums for a few days to see what he does. Single parent life is very hard I have been there done that when I had a newborn so I know what needs to be done and there to are many single parents on this site that know what your dealing with aswell

There is no point in being in this situation if he is never ever going to change. For him he doesn't work for medical reasons but he is using this excuse ? To sit on his **** all day doing nothing to even try and get better for what ever reasons he cannot work

Go to your mums listen to what she has to say and I can guarantee there will be a huge weight lifted off your shoulders once you are there

There is nothing keeping you there at all. Pack your personal belongings for the kids and yourself, take the car and go.

Leave the rest and start fresh. New life, new friends , new found happiness and no stress

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to babybeeno1 For This Useful Post:

4B2L  (13-01-2017),Hopeful37  (11-01-2017),SuperGranny  (11-01-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Show him this
    http://dailym.ai/2ihZNFH