+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Dipping my toes in.

Hi all. I've been a bit of a lurker on and off for probably a couple of years.

My name is A ngela and I have two little ones - a 4yr old girl about to start school (eek!!) and a 1yr old boy. Last year I was diagnosed with stage 3 breast cancer but am officially in remission as of December. I'm really trying to find my feet as a parent again after the past year has removed me so much from my kids. I've been on parenting forums since my DD was a baby - I probably already know some of you but I felt it was time to branch out a bit and meet some more people. Probably sounds weird but the idea of connecting to new people who didn't know me before diagnosis is very appealing. I'm finding my 'new normal' as they say!!

Anyway. I'm still off work for a while so likely to be around the place adding my two cents and looking forward to meeting you all

2. The Following User Says Thank You to zelda For This Useful Post:

mckel  (08-01-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hi @zelda, glad you've dipped your toes in! Gosh you've been through so much health wise I truly hope this is a year of good health for you. Look forward to seeing you around the hub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Many thanks gingermillie - I'm certainly looking forward to a healthier year. Fingers crossed!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

Default Dipping my toes in.

Welcome A.ngela I have a 4 year old starting school this year as well, though mine is the 'baby' of the family not my first child like your DD. How are you feeling about it all? Is your daughter excited?

And Congratulations on being formally in remission, may you continue to have good heath this year and beyond. X

Thanks
    Reviews
    She super excited. She's been in daycare full time since she was a bub and has seriously outgrown the place. Ready to move on!! Poor mummy is probably a little less excited (where did my baby go??) and her dad refuses to even admit it lol.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 29/5/15Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Welcome!