+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Tt with the occasional accident i went undies with my ds.....but in the early stages of tt with frequet accidents...nappy for sure. No way would i want to risk it.

As for you, im guessing you are quitely confident so going in undies. As for if another kid wee'd or worse, crapped within a Metre of your kids, id say you'd throw a granade to detonate the mess and get the heck out quick smart.
    Last edited by Tinkers; 08-01-2017 at 17:55.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Tinkers For This Useful Post:

AdornedWithCats  (08-01-2017),rosey82  (08-01-2017),VicPark  (08-01-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Undies only- never go back to naps. 15 or 30 minute enforced toilet stops. I'd be dragging my child off the playcentre and putting them on the toilet.

kiwimum890 is offline It won't happen overnight, but it will happen!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by BettyV View Post
    Once I started toilet training dd I never went back to nappies or pull ups. With visits to indoor playgrounds, I made sure she went to the toilet as soon as we arrived and checked regularly if she wanted to go while we were there. If she'd had an accident I would have dealt with it then.

ETA: I wouldn't have taken a toilet training toddler out until I relatively confident they'd be accident free.
    This

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Thanks ladies.

Another kid weed today near my kids at an indoor play centre. I dragged my kids off quick smart (despite their protests). Someone was already right onto it and cleaning up so I didn't need to say anything (although I only saw them with a cloth and not antibacterial spray - eeek! Should have said something!!)

I don't know which kid had wee'd and as someone was cleaning it up I probably wouldn't have said anything to the parent anyway. However I have to admit there were a few seconds where I was a little cranky at the hygiene hiccup and playground being out of action (yep long story whole segment shut down). If you know your kid isn't fully toilet trained, why should others have to put up with the mess and inconvenience? Bloody inconsiderate.
    I probably wouldn't have said anything though - just on the off chance the kid was (95% trained and had a once in a blue moon accident).

At the moment my youngest is in the early stages of toilet training. He's been great at home yet however I don't trust him out and about yet so it is pull ups until I am confident he is adequately trained with a 95% degree of confidence . Just knowing my luck though once the pull-ups are removed he will have an accident and some parent will be muttering under their breath at me..

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to VicPark For This Useful Post:

littleriv  (08-01-2017),rosey82  (08-01-2017),Tinkers  (08-01-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I used to put pull-ups on over undies. All the indoor playgrounds near us clearly state that toilet training children must wear a nappy :P
    That said, DD's 4 and toilet trained. She did wee all over a chair in the dentist's waiting room the other day :\ Accidents happen.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I don't think it's fair to be annoyed at the parent. Accidents happen from time to time. I'm a prep teacher, and yep, kids have wee'd in my classroom. More than once. It happens all the time at child care and preschool. And sure,from time to time at a playcafe too. You have no idea of the situation - it may have been an older child with special needs, or a child who is generally accident free, but was too busy playing to remember the toilet. Honestly, if you cant manage with a bit of a wee accident - the play cafe is not the place for you. They are germy places anyway - think of the snot wiped on handrails, sneezes, dribble, kids putting their mouths on equipment, kids not washing their hands properly after doing a poo, and spreading worms around... a bit of wee really isnt the worst thing you will find in a play cafe

9. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to cheeeeesecake For This Useful Post:

Alicia111  (08-01-2017),BettyV  (08-01-2017),CazHazKidz  (09-01-2017),Gentoo  (08-01-2017),Mod-Degrassi  (09-01-2017),rosey82  (08-01-2017),smallpotatoes  (09-01-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by VicPark View Post
    What would you do?

You have a toddler who is toilet training. They aren't fully trained yet and still have the occasional/frequent accident. Do you put a nappy or pull-up on them when taking them to an indoor playground? Or do you keep the nappy/pull up off and if there is an accident yourself/others can just deal with it?

What do you think I would do with my toilet training toddler? What do you think I would do when another toddler had a wee accident in an indoor playground where my kids were playing?
    I think parents need to be considerate and think of others if in public play areas by putting on a pull-up on their toilet training child. And if an accident did occur because the child wasn't in a nappy when toilet training the parent should clean it up, I've been witness many a time where they don't partly because they've been oblivious to the accident their child has had. Due to the hygeine factor I would be annoyed if a toilet training toddler had an accident where my child was playing. Toilet training is best done at home for the majority, it is best to put your child in a pull up nappy if going out for a period of time, it shouldn't interupt your child's toilet training as your child should be learning to let you know they are wanting to go, it's part of the training process.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Blessedwith3boys For This Useful Post:

VicPark  (08-01-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    I reckon pee is the last thing you need to be worried about in regards to hygiene at play centres. Those places are full of germs and great for building immunity.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BigRedV For This Useful Post:

BabyG4  (08-01-2017),michellead  (08-01-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    We are toilet training ds at the moment, he's taken to it well and so far not had any accidents in public and only one at home. I put him in pull ups to go out every time. We are on holiday at the moment and he's wearing the pull ups full time but hasn't gone in any of them.

If I were in that situation I'd remove my kids and go and find a staff member to clean it up. I'll say that's what you did.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by cheeeeesecake View Post
    - it may have been an older child with special needs, or a child who is generally accident free, but was too busy playing to remember the toilet.
    Good point