+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week

Default Wwyd: toilet training and playgrounds

What would you do?

You have a toddler who is toilet training. They aren't fully trained yet and still have the occasional/frequent accident. Do you put a nappy or pull-up on them when taking them to an indoor playground? Or do you keep the nappy/pull up off and if there is an accident yourself/others can just deal with it?

What do you think I would do with my toilet training toddler? What do you think I would do when another toddler had a wee accident in an indoor playground where my kids were playing?

AdornedWithCats is offline Winner 2013 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Winner 2014 - Best Username

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 12/6/15Funniest Caption400 Posts in a week300 posts in a week
    Not sure about indoor but I've been putting ds in undies for outdoor playgrounds. He tends to have more accidents in his training pants but if he is in undies he seems to hold on better. I take a change of clothes, baby wipes, terry nappy and potty with me.
    Last edited by AdornedWithCats; 08-01-2017 at 12:49.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I would put them in a pull-up for sure, especially if they're still having regular accidents.

I am guessing you might also choose this option, and if someone else's child had a wee accident you'd try and alert the child's parent so they could handle it?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Wwyd: toilet training and playgrounds

Once I started toilet training dd I never went back to nappies or pull ups. With visits to indoor playgrounds, I made sure she went to the toilet as soon as we arrived and checked regularly if she wanted to go while we were there. If she'd had an accident I would have dealt with it then.

ETA: I wouldn't have taken a toilet training toddler out until I relatively confident they'd be accident free.
    Last edited by BettyV; 08-01-2017 at 18:32.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BettyV For This Useful Post:

A-Squared  (08-01-2017),AdornedWithCats  (08-01-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I put undies then a pull up over the top. That way no accident = re-use 😊

AdornedWithCats is offline Winner 2013 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Winner 2014 - Best Username

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 12/6/15Funniest Caption400 Posts in a week300 posts in a week
    As for your other questions I imagine you would freak out if another toddler had an accident and would complain to management if you couldn't find the parent.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I'm tt my 2 year old. I haven't used any pull ups or training pants (only undies in the day) and only use nappies overnight. I take a few changes of clothes, wipes, clean undies etc in case of accidents and ask if he has to go frequently. I make sure we visit playgrounds where there are toilets available as when he has to go he has to go now.

If there was an accident on an indoor playground I'd let the parent know so they can clean it up - if you don't know who the parent is or the parent won't deal with it I'd let staff know.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I would put a nappy or pull up on them if i was pretty confident that they would have an accident in an indoor area. Outdoor area I'd be more inclined to risk an accident.

I have no idea what you would do.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Indoor playgrounds I've been to stipulate that children who are not fully toilet trained have to wear pull ups, which I think is fair.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Outdoor playground - just undies, worst case scenario they go on the grass (#1 obvs).
    Indoor playground - I used peapods training pants for these scenarios, like undies but with a bit of absorbency in the gusset, enough to avoid a puddle but they still know they have wee'd.
    Also make sure we do a wee stop before going in & regularly during to hopefully avoid an accident.
    If it was another kid I'd probably tell my kids it was snack time to get them out of the way so the staff could clean up the mess. Surely it happens on the regular at these places and they have procedures to deal with it?
    Vomit, however we'd be outta there like it was a fire!