+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default New baby means new car!

With another little one on the way a new car is on the cards as we've outgrown my hatchback.

Does anyone have a Renault Koleos? How do you rate it? We're looking at a 2012 second hand.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My partner has driven one for work and wasn't a fan, but I think he was comparing it to our Ford Territory. They're much lighter obviously, and less powerful. He didn't find it overly roomy for the size either. I guess it all depends on what you're after! Are you looking at having more kids after this one? Are you going to be transporting prams, shopping, bikes, scooters etc all at once?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Renault are expensive on parts and service, and not overly reliable. I wouldn't do it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am a parts interpreter in the automotive industry and honestly one of the best car makes on the market these days is Hyundai. We hardly sell any parts for Hyundai because their warranties are so good. Anything European is going to cost a fortune when it comes to parts and servicing as most parts are genuine only and not available after market. Same goes with Toyota, Mitsubishi, Nissan etc, all really expensive to repair. Honestly look at a Hyundai Santa Fe if you need a big car, even an ix35 or Tucson.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ceejie For This Useful Post:

1CrazyMoose  (09-01-2017),Yogis Mumma  (08-01-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    My DH is a mechanic and he hates French cars with a passion! They break, and parts can be hard to get and expensive. To add to the above post, Kias are also great cars. Made in the same factory as Hyundai, excellent warranties and come with heaps of extras as standard that would cost a lot more in other brands. So you might like to look at a Sorrento or a Sportage as well.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to besha For This Useful Post:

ceejie  (09-01-2017),Cicho  (08-01-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/4/15100 Posts in a week

Default New baby means new car!

Quote Originally Posted by ceejie View Post
    I am a parts interpreter in the automotive industry and honestly one of the best car makes on the market these days is Hyundai. We hardly sell any parts for Hyundai because their warranties are so good. Anything European is going to cost a fortune when it comes to parts and servicing as most parts are genuine only and not available after market. Same goes with Toyota, Mitsubishi, Nissan etc, all really expensive to repair. Honestly look at a Hyundai Santa Fe if you need a big car, even an ix35 or Tucson.
    We have 2 hyundais and they are freaking awesome! Very well price and I'm glad an expert agrees!

We have an Elantra (unfortunately not the latest model) and an ix35 and it's awesome! The only fault with it is it doesn't have back seat air conditioning vents, so the kids do tend to get sweaty on hot days.

Having said this, my parents and BIL have a koleos and neither have any complaints.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Another vote for Hyundai here. I upgraded from an Elantra to an ix35 last year, and next time we need a new car I want a Santa Fe! The ix35 is awesome but I want a bit more room, especially since we're planning to have a third baby.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to TaylorMade For This Useful Post:

A-Squared  (08-01-2017)