+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I threw out poo undies . He wore Kmart ones at around $1 a pair. I think I threw out 5 or 6 in total. I also told daycare to always throw out poo undies if it ever happened. I didn't expect them to scrape poi off !

Thanks
    Reviews
    If the poop happens in my care, I just scrape off, soak and wash them. But if it's poopy undies that have come home in a bag from preschool, I just toss them. By that stage I figure it's possible for them to be "growing", especially on hot days. That's happened two or three times I think.

As for the hand me downs. My two eldest boys (7 and 5) wear the same size. Started grabbing undies from each other's ones and I got sick of sorting so now their undies go in a big box together and they just pick what they want. So they share all the time. Mr7 only ever had 2 or 3 wee accidents. Mr5 has a lot of accidents (has autism so toilet training is a bit of a struggle for him) but I just clean everything.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Happymum2 View Post
    Would you throw out your children's clothes/undies if they had the same thing???

I don't know about everyone one else but I always make sure I re-wash all hand me downs for my children.

A bit of common sense goes a long way.
    Yes, I would throw out my kids clothing if they had the same thing.
    Im a huge second hand shopper for myself and my kids as well as other people. But never undies/bathers or any other clothing that could have touched that area. If I buy jeans or pants I boil clean them before wearing them. I think not just germs or leakage but STI'S etc etc.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by turquoisecoast View Post
    wow. ok.

I found ds once swimming in his own vom in his cot (poor little guy). after hosing him down, I stripped the cot and put everything through the wash. came up like brand new. no way was I throwing out his cute cot sheets!!

perhaps I'd feel differently about that level of poo but I just feel like it's a psychological thing. a good scrape n soak then put it through the machine - nobody will know the difference.

and no I haven't been through toilet training yet. the above might all change once I have
    I should add I have a vomit phobia haha, it gives me incredible anxiety. I do usually wash vomit sheets and his blankie etc but the other night I just couldn't deal with it and hubs is a sympathetic vomiter

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Renn View Post
    Yes....I'm not seeing what that has to do with cleaning them.
    if undies were meant for pooing then everybody would use them instead of cloth nappies.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CountryMumkin View Post
    Yes, I would throw out my kids clothing if they had the same thing.
    Im a huge second hand shopper for myself and my kids as well as other people. But never undies/bathers or any other clothing that could have touched that area. If I buy jeans or pants I boil clean them before wearing them. I think not just germs or leakage but STI'S etc etc.
    So by throwing out your children's clothing if they have ringworm or other skin infections (school sores etc), that can be on any part of the body, one would assume this would then go for their bedding, couch covers/pillows, car seat covers, the list is endless!!

Sorry but I find it completely ridiculous that anyone would throw out clothing that would be perfectly fine with a good wash using canesten (or something similar), so wasteful!!

7. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Happymum2 For This Useful Post:

AdornedWithCats  (09-01-2017),Little Miss Sunshine  (09-01-2017),misho  (09-01-2017),smallpotatoes  (09-01-2017)

AdornedWithCats is offline Winner 2013 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Winner 2014 - Best Username

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 12/6/15Funniest Caption400 Posts in a week300 posts in a week
    I find the thought of throwing out clothes that can be cleaned and in otherwise good condition rather wasteful. The amount of waste we (society) generate is huge. I try to reduce the waste we produce in our household.

9. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to AdornedWithCats For This Useful Post:

Happymum2  (09-01-2017),Little Miss Sunshine  (09-01-2017),mckel  (09-01-2017),smallpotatoes  (09-01-2017),YeahYeahYeah  (09-01-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by binnielici View Post
    Hmmm so this where I went wrong. Most of DS2's jocks are $35 for a 2 pack

I have started buying bonds which are cheaper but I wouldn't say they're cheap.
    Wow! What kind of awesome undies are they at 2 for $35?

In times gone past, i reckon i have got some bras for cheaper than that.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JustJaq For This Useful Post:

Tinkers  (09-01-2017),yadot  (09-01-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AdornedWithCats View Post
    I find the thought of throwing out clothes that can be cleaned and in otherwise good condition rather wasteful. The amount of waste we (society) generate is huge. I try to reduce the waste we produce in our household.
    In my 3 children's whole lifetime I have thrown a small amount of undies. Those undies have probably disintegrated into the earth by now yet every single disposable nappy that has ever been used are still sitting in landfill.

Majority of my kids' clothes are second hand. I buy a lot of household things on gumtree and off local buy swap sell pages. I give away a lot of things on pay it forward pages.

I don't feel bad about throwing out maybe 10 undies that have poo glued to it.
    Last edited by BigRedV; 09-01-2017 at 12:19.

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BigRedV For This Useful Post:

babyno1onboard  (09-01-2017),HollyGolightly81  (10-01-2017),SAgirl  (09-01-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I have no idea of I threw out any undies due to poo. DS only had a handful of accidents.

I don't have an issue with hand me downs but by the time DS 'grows out' of them they will be thrown due to use.