ADVERTISEMENT

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by VicPark View Post
    What if her kids had ringworm or some other skin disease? And she only washed in lukewarm water?
    Then she'd tell me. And I'll wash them and canesten rinse them so I don't see the problem.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to amyd For This Useful Post:

mckel  (08-01-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Between family members is fine. My kids put each others undies and clothes on sometimes and then parade around the house being funny. No big deal.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    This thread has left me quite confused.

DS2 has some jocks from his cousin (my sisters son). I was planning on passing DS2's jocks to DS3. As they are expensive (I buy bonds and petite bateau). I would get rid of anything marked or stained

But having read all the comments about not wearing second hand underwear themselves it hit me - I wouldn't wear secondhand underwear so why am I allowing it for DS2 and thinking about it for DS3.

Quite conflicted now.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I have three boys and they each get their own fresh sets of undies. DS2 and DS3 have to use enough hand me down stuff from their older brother so I always do brand new undies and socks.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Chippa For This Useful Post:

SAgirl  (08-01-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Hand-me-down Undies

Quote Originally Posted by binnielici View Post
    This thread has left me quite confused.

DS2 has some jocks from his cousin (my sisters son). I was planning on passing DS2's jocks to DS3. As they are expensive (I buy bonds and petite bateau). I would get rid of anything marked or stained

But having read all the comments about not wearing second hand underwear themselves it hit me - I wouldn't wear secondhand underwear so why am I allowing it for DS2 and thinking about it for DS3.

Quite conflicted now.
    I think the differences for me are: 1) kids grow out of underwear quite quickly whereas adult underwear would have been worn for much longer. 2) pre-puberty there's a lot less that could have been on the undies.

ETA: thinking about it it's mainly reason 1 for me though. I should also add the clause that I haven't actually done second hand undies for dd.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by BettyV View Post
    I think the differences for me are: 1) kids grow out of underwear quite quickly whereas adult underwear would have been worn for much longer. 2) pre-puberty there's a lot less that could have been on the undies.

ETA: thinking about it it's mainly reason 1 for me though. I should also add the clause that I haven't actually done second hand undies for dd.
    Yeah I hear you. It's just really made me think about the decision though

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    for those that say chuck the sh!tted on undies: do you also chuck out baby clothes that copped a visit to brown town?

if it's for training purposes only and within the family, who cares. seems so wasteful to throw a pair of undies that got poo on them!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by turquoisecoast View Post
    for those that say chuck the sh!tted on undies: do you also chuck out baby clothes that copped a visit to brown town?

if it's for training purposes only and within the family, who cares. seems so wasteful to throw a pair of undies that got poo on them!
    Anything with poop is binned here. It's way too gross for me.

Thanks
    Reviews

I've only ever thrown out two pairs of undies - one of DS when he had gastro and honestly it was more of a oh my god it's both ends just try to clean up and he was a bit distraught so just threw them.

DD had an accident at childcare and they bagged them and sent them home, hours later complete with dried up chunks of poop. I just looked at it and went nope!

I put undies in the give away bag for charity provided they don't have holes in them and of course are clean. We only had one other boy to had DS' undies down to and I know she wouldn't take them and DD wouldn't wear his.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts

have you had a child that has toilet trained yet?

poo in a nappy is very different to poo in undies. Undies have no absorption whatsoever. If the poo rolls off the undies then maybe I'll keep them.

A bit of poo on clothes I don't mind and I would keep. A number 3 all over clothes I would throw away.