+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by VicPark View Post
    To cut a long story short this is worse than Judd and Finchy combined. Publicly posts half nude photos, writes a public blog on what she damn well knew would be a sensitive topic and then cries fowl when she received negative feedback. If you can't stand the heat don't put yourself in the kitchen.

As for the termination - those that have been around for a while know my views in this. That being said I acknowledge there's a whole spectrum of reasons why women elect for non medically necessary termination. I consider this case to be scraping towards the bottom end of the ethical/moral barrel.
    What do her selfie photos have to do with her story?

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to HollyGolightly81 For This Useful Post:

atomicmama  (06-01-2017),Curby  (06-01-2017),Mod-Wise Enough  (07-01-2017),TheGooch  (06-01-2017),twinklify  (06-01-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Screenshot of her response to the article

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to smallpotatoes For This Useful Post:

atomicmama  (06-01-2017),HollyGolightly81  (06-01-2017),twinklify  (06-01-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    ooops didnt see your response before I screenshotted @HollyGolightly81

6. The Following User Says Thank You to smallpotatoes For This Useful Post:

HollyGolightly81  (06-01-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by HollyGolightly81 View Post
    But she didn't just choose to terminate based on her miscarriage.

“It’s gobsmacking at how people misinterpret things, I did not get an abortion because I was afraid of miscarrying again, that was not the sole reason that lead me to make that choice, I had about 10 reasons. Importantly, I terminated because it wasn’t the right time in my life to have another child and it was the right decision for me and my family! I’m sincerely sorry that my own personal choices (that don’t affect any single one of you), disgust you, I apologise that it’s so disturbing and I will try to keep my legs closed as told."

I have had a stillbirth. And an abortion. It's important to talk about both issues to remove the stigma. Obviously if she doesn't want another child she should use birth control, and I think that was the point of her story, that she didn't realize until she was pregnant again how wrong it felt for her and her family for a variety of reasons.

Having an abortion is ****ing hard, it's not the 'easy way out' and she obviously wanted to share her story for a reason, whether to help herself or others. Like the other thread, none of us are perfect, we are all trying to make the best decisions for ourselves and family and its really nobody else's place to judge.
    I'm not sure why you quoted me, I never said her decision was solely based on her miscarriage just that you should make sure you are emotionally ready before you become pregnant again.

I'm fully aware that accidents happen and not all pregnancies are planned.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HollyGolightly81 View Post
    But she didn't just choose to terminate based on her miscarriage.

“It’s gobsmacking at how people misinterpret things, I did not get an abortion because I was afraid of miscarrying again, that was not the sole reason that lead me to make that choice, I had about 10 reasons. Importantly, I terminated because it wasn’t the right time in my life to have another child and it was the right decision for me and my family! I’m sincerely sorry that my own personal choices (that don’t affect any single one of you), disgust you, I apologise that it’s so disturbing and I will try to keep my legs closed as told."

I have had a stillbirth. And an abortion. It's important to talk about both issues to remove the stigma. Obviously if she doesn't want another child she should use birth control, and I think that was the point of her story, that she didn't realize until she was pregnant again how wrong it felt for her and her family for a variety of reasons.

Having an abortion is ****ing hard, it's not the 'easy way out' and she obviously wanted to share her story for a reason, whether to help herself or others. Like the other thread, none of us are perfect, we are all trying to make the best decisions for ourselves and family and its really nobody else's place to judge.
    But her first quote in a the article is...

"I didn't want to get attached to the fact I could have another baby then miscarry again"

So that there tells me that a big part of her reason to abort was based on the possibility of miscarriage again so I'm not sure why you are saying it isn't.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I don't see what's so controversial about this. I'm a bit disappointed that abortion is still considered so taboo that a woman choosing to abort early in a pregnancy goes viral and is seen as up for discussion.

For a number of reasons the timing wasn't right and she chose not to continue the pregnancy. This really shouldn't be big news.

Women's bodies are not public property - her body, her choice.

10. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to MissMuppet For This Useful Post:

Curby  (06-01-2017),Full House  (06-01-2017),Gentoo  (07-01-2017),gingermillie  (06-01-2017),HollyGolightly81  (07-01-2017),onionskin  (06-01-2017),smallpotatoes  (06-01-2017),TheGooch  (06-01-2017),Tiny Dancer  (06-01-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Hopeful37 View Post
    But her first quote in a the article is...

"I didn't want to get attached to the fact I could have another baby then miscarry again"

So that there tells me that a big part of her reason to abort was based on the possibility of miscarriage again so I'm not sure why you are saying it isn't.
    A news article is going to put a quote like that our there first to grab the readers attention.
    She could have listed a million other valid reasons but they are not going to cause as much of a stir like that quote is.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Purple Poppy For This Useful Post:

HollyGolightly81  (07-01-2017),smallpotatoes  (06-01-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/4/15100 Posts in a week
    I'm am still so undecided where I sit with the concept of abortion. On one hand I am pro-choice simply because of bodily autonomy, and accidents happen - sometimes the pill fails, the Mirena fails, condoms break etc.

But on the other hand I do struggle with the idea of aborting a healthy foetus - no matter what the reason (other than incest if rape), I try and be completely pro-choice, but I just simply cannot help but feel this way about abortion. It doesn't sit well with me at a moral level.

Now on to this situation. I can 100% understand why she didn't want to keep the baby and as she said at the end of the article it wasn't because she was scared of having a miscarriage, she explained it wasn't about that but she felt it was the right decision for her family and I have to respect that.

What I do have an issue with is her talking about it openly then getting upset that she's gotten backlash. She didn't have to share this story, if she didn't want negativity she should have kept it private.

If she shared it as a way to start a conversation about abortion and it's not a black and white issue and that sometimes even if you have a solid family unit, having a baby still may not be right for that family, then she shouldn't get upset at the negative comments, she needs to ignore them and focus on her message. But something tells me this isn't why she shared it - she just doesn't strike me as the social justice - Changing perceptions in society kind of person.

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to A-Squared For This Useful Post:

cheeeeesecake  (06-01-2017),HeavenBlue  (06-01-2017),mckel  (06-01-2017),SAgirl  (08-01-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am more interested to know her reasons for blogging about it more so than her reasons for the termination. Her blog, her choice I guess.

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ShannyAnny For This Useful Post:

A-Squared  (06-01-2017),gingermillie  (06-01-2017),Hopeful37  (06-01-2017),Mum-I-Am  (06-01-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

Default *trigger warning* Kayla Boyd miscarriage & termination

Quote Originally Posted by mummymaybe View Post
    I'm not sure why you quoted me, I never said her decision was solely based on her miscarriage just that you should make sure you are emotionally ready before you become pregnant again.

I'm fully aware that accidents happen and not all pregnancies are planned.
    I quoted you because you made the comment about not being emotionally ready and I included her quote.

ETA: the rest of my post was just my thoughts on the matter.
    Last edited by HollyGolightly81; 06-01-2017 at 22:49.