+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Positive stories - line not darker today :(

I'm sorry to ask again, I'm actually annoyed at myself with how worried I'm letting myself get but I just can't find any good reason as to why my lines wouldn't be getting darker. With DD, they were always so much darker, there was never even a question and testing made me feel better. Yesterday I got a good line, but today's is possibly lighter, best case only as dark as yesterday's. I will get blood test results tomorrow, but that won't tell me whether everything is still ok.

My friend who had a boy around the same time as I had DD told me her lines didn't darken much and she remembered worrying about it at the time. She thinks it could just be that I'm having a boy this time? Has anyone had a boy and a girl and noticed a difference in how quickly their lines darkened?

Here are my tests so far, from Monday to Friday. I would love to hear anything positive, but if you think it looks bad, just tell me because I would prefer to be prepared.

mon-fritests.jpg

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Remember hun, HCG doubles every 48 hours, so if you compare Fri to Wed, it's definitely darker!!

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to warratag For This Useful Post:

Ashling  (06-01-2017),HappySalsa  (06-01-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I agree with @warratag HCG doubles every 48 and sometimes up to 72 hours later. Don't compare daily tests, they'll always freak you out, compare every second day test if you do want to compare! Also, different batch of tests, even having more to drink the day before or testing a few hours later than prior can change a test. I think yours look perfect! Congrats!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to BabyG4 For This Useful Post:

Ashling  (06-01-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you. I'm trying to stay positive but I also don't want to delude myself. I know that hcg needs to double around every 48 hour but surely a test from today shouldn't be lighter than a test from yesterday?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 29/5/15Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Individual tests have different amounts of dye etc. that look fine to me.

If you are worried, get some bloods done, then second bloods a few days later.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Mamasupial For This Useful Post:

Ashling  (06-01-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    It looks ok to me I agree with the other ladies.
    With my last pregnancy I did a bunch of Internet cheapy tests until I was late and then I got one frer and did it about 17dpo I think and it was about as dark as your test today. I refused to do any more to worry myself. I'd had a mmc prior and all tests were great, even first lot of hcg was within a good range. Often tests mean little.
    With all of my prior pregnancies I only ever did one test when I was a week late! A line is a line! Good luck likely all is good.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    They look fine to me. Nothing like my chemical.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to BornToBe For This Useful Post:

Ashling  (06-01-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks so much to everyone who commented, you made me feel a lot better yesterday Tested again today and the line is really strong.

HPTSat.jpg

I also got my blood test results back which set my levels at 63 at 3 weeks and 4 days. Seems a bit high actually, since for 3 weeks they say normal levels are 5-50, but I guess it could be that I naturally have high levels, I'm having another girl, or... gulp... I'm having twins.

Anyway, I'm hoping that maybe my thread might make someone feel better in the future. I was desperately looking for threads like this yesterday. Sometimes you just get weird lines and there's just not that much you can draw from them.

13. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Ashling For This Useful Post:

Bluebirdgirl  (08-01-2017),BornToBe  (07-01-2017),Mamasupial  (07-01-2017),OIC  (08-01-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ashling.
    I'm new to all of this, and was very interested by your post so thank you. I took a test this morning with the faintest Second Line, but the more I look at it the more I convince myself that it's there. I'm due for AF in the next couple days so will probably just wait and see what happens there but was really interested to see your lines getting darker day by day!