+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    As much as I think it's lovely, it's still a medical situation and a major operation and given that I don't have my medical degree I think it's best I leave it up to the experts.

In terms of when I had my own c/s, even if I had wanted to, I couldn't have as the spinal caused my blood pressure to drop dangerously low and hence I was struggling to breathe, so despite it being a calm and controlled environment, physically I would not have been up to the task.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I had a google and there is a PDF document from KEMP hospital about it. They do allow it at that hospital in some circumstances.

The document outlines thw procedures including keeping the area sterile (the mother wears gloves) - and the screen is firstly placed down with arms over it and after the baby is birthed and cord is cut the screen goes up.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    A friend of mine had a maternal assisted c/s. Previous births were drug free vb and she couldn't have a vb again so she found an ob (in a public hospital!) who supported her. Emotionally it made such a huge impact for her, she loved it. The screen stayed up until they were about to birth the head, then the ob gently guided the baby out, mum grabbed baby and bought him to her chest, and there was delayed cord clamping and bub stayed with mum the whole time, and breastfeeding was initiated within the hour. Heaps of awesome photos were taken.
    I think the coolest part of this story is that my friend didn't want to know when her c/s was until the night before...so at all her appts no midwife mentioned it and then when they rang her for pre-op stuff the midwife who rang her knew it was a surprise so congratulated her on her baby having a birthday the next day and then went through all the info..
    I would definitely aim for this if I were to ever have a c/s (no more babies for me).

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Full House For This Useful Post:

RedCreamingSoda  (06-01-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    I don't think I would do it. There's enough going on already and being drugged up I just don't see how it would work without presenting a risk. With DS2 I wanted to keep my head as far away from my gut (could smell my own flesh burning as old scar tissue was cut through).

Of course - it could work for some.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    No way would I have wanted to do this. I had dd via c-section in 2015. I would imagine the movement in order to do this would be quite awkward to reach forward. I'd be so scared of injuring myself or the baby. Although in saying that, how the baby came out didn't matter to me at all. I know there are a lot who have their hearts set on certain ways. Dd was stuck (they needed forceps during c-section), I lost a lot of blood & dd wasn't breathing properly when came out, so I'd much rather the doctor check her then give her back to me.

I'd imagine it could get quite frustrating for medical staff too with people wanting to do this during a surgical procedure (especially if things changed or went wrong but doctor not wanting to say that as don't worry mum having surgery).

That's great though if the patient & doctor is all on side to aim for this to happen & the pregnancy/surgery is low risk.

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Rocky27 For This Useful Post:

HillDweller  (07-01-2017),Hopeful37  (06-01-2017),mckel  (06-01-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've had 2 c-sections & will be having a 3rd with this pregnancy.

No way in hell I'd even consider doing this!

Mine were emergencies due to complications done under GA but DH was allowed to sit in the corner of the operating room with the 1st. As DS was about to be pulled out the OB told him to get the camera ready. Even looking at those pics makes me feel sick, I couldn't imagine getting a in person front row seat. Not to mention the risk of infection.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've had 3 c sections and wouldn't consider it for myself. If someone wants to and their medical team are ok with it, and its safe, It's none of my concern 😊

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    100 Posts in a week
    I saw this thread and it reminded me of back in the dark ages when a hubber wanted this very thing. I've had two VB's and one emergency c-section and I couldn't have done it myself but kudos to those that can.
    http://www.bubhub.com.au/community/f...isted+cesarian

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Good to see you, @misskittyfantastico!

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JustJaq For This Useful Post:

Little Miss Sunshine  (07-01-2017),Mod-Uniquey  (07-01-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 20/8/15100 Posts in a week - week ended 13/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 6/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 30/7/15
    I had an Elective Caesarean (non medical reasons..nor for convenience of date or time either..just what my Ex and I wanted) and if my hospital/OB had of offered this, then yes, I would've loved to have done this if all the conditions were favourable on the day