+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default What do you use to stay organised?

We are old school! Calendar on the wall in the kitchen (monthly) with big squares for each date. If it's not on the calendar it's not happening!! I look at it every day (sometimes multiple times a day during the term).

We also have a weekly organiser on the fridge with a row for each person stating what they do each day of the week (same one stays up all of the time). Everything from homework due days, sports uniform days, extra curricular activities, staff meetings, my work afternoons/evenings goes on this chart.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to teenie For This Useful Post:

BornToBe  (06-01-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have a huge calendar in my kitchen, with different columns for each person (although I take up 4 of the slots for me- personal, uni, work and a bills type of column.) I also have a pin board where notices and whatnots go. I am on my phone all the time, so I've had people tell me to just use the calendar on my phone, but it just doesn't work for me; I like to be able to see everything at once. I will still use my phone to put in appointments if I am out, and then I add them to my wall calendar once I get home. If it's something really important I'll set an alarm in there to remind me as well. The only frustrating thing about my system is when I am out and have someone call about doing a job or something, and I don't know for sure what I have on until I get home.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    We have a large monthly whiteboard planner in our kitchen with everything written on so we can all see, plus I have a personal paper diary. I also have an online calender/diary for my direct sales business. I have also just started using an app called cosi which I like the lists part of but I have only just discovered this so I am still playing around with it.

After reading these posts though I might go and check out google calendars. Our biggest problem is DH and I double booking over the top of each other so if we can sync the calendars together that would be amazing! Can you do that even on different systems? DH is a samsung user and I use Iphone....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by erinn View Post
    We have a large monthly whiteboard planner in our kitchen with everything written on so we can all see, plus I have a personal paper diary. I also have an online calender/diary for my direct sales business. I have also just started using an app called cosi which I like the lists part of but I have only just discovered this so I am still playing around with it.

After reading these posts though I might go and check out google calendars. Our biggest problem is DH and I double booking over the top of each other so if we can sync the calendars together that would be amazing! Can you do that even on different systems? DH is a samsung user and I use Iphone....
    Should do. DH and I have different phones (not an iphone for either of us, though). You just sync together through your gmail accounts.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Full House For This Useful Post:

mckel  (06-01-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by teenie View Post
    We are old school! Calendar on the wall in the kitchen (monthly) with big squares for each date. If it's not on the calendar it's not happening!! I look at it every day (sometimes multiple times a day during the term).
    This, and I have a day-to-a-page A4 diary (so lots of writing space) that each night, I work out my next day's schedule and write it in (as well as things to do entered by date, etc). I find writing it all out then sleeping on it helps to wrap my brain around it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    We used to use Cosi when DH worked away as he has i devices and I'm android/PC. Plus each family member is colour coded, so kid commitments like swimming lessons are in as their colour rather than one parent's colour.

Now he's back and we get to talk more, we use a monthly wall calendar and I have an A5 week to view diary. Like others, I'll still set reminders with my phone and use its notepad to make lists sometimes. However the act of handwriting something (twice - calendar and diary) helps lock it in to memory.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks sooo much everyone for so many amazing ideas! I love diaries and writing things down but I find with plans changing so much it can be difficult to keep them as structured as I like. I like the idea of having one for meal planning, finances and ongoing things, and using my phone for appointments and reminders