+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    DH and I use google calendars and have our calendars synced. You pick how much notice you want for a reminder.
    We can also see in an instant who has what on before committing...so it's first in best dressed, and if there's a double up the second person is responsible for organising a sitter before committing to their proposed activity.
    It helps us so much. We both know what the other is up to, we can invite each other to events (eg. I'll invite DH to kids soccer games etc. so that he doesn't have to physically write them in his calendar. He gets an email alert saying he has an invitation, he just clicks yes and it is automatically put in his calendar).
    You can't lose the calendar (when I've upgraded phones, I just download the app, put in the app and there it is), you get alerts no matter what device you're on (so DH will get an email alert on his work computer), you don't have to carry a diary around with you everywhere you go, or need a pen, and it's completely free.
    We used to use a daily planner and everything was highlighted, but it didn't work...DH would forget to check it, I would be texting him to remind him to do stuff because he loses track of time at work, he couldn't see the planner at work so he would double book himself without realising until quite late and it would cause us stress and last minute scrambles to rearrange our days. Google calendars has been the best organisational tool for us.
    We use copy me that for meal planning. It has groceries list and a section for notes for each day. So I can write that we're having spag bol on Sunday night for dinner, but need to buy mince. Whoever is at the shops can open the app, see what is needed and buy it. They can also check the grocery list, and grab the items on it, and we can download recipes so when DH is cooking he doesn't need to ask me where the recipe is...it's already there for him.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Full House For This Useful Post:

frankie46  (06-01-2017),HollyGolightly81  (06-01-2017),Redcorset  (06-01-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Full House View Post
    DH and I use google calendars and have our calendars synced. You pick how much notice you want for a reminder.
    We can also see in an instant who has what on before committing...so it's first in best dressed, and if there's a double up the second person is responsible for organising a sitter before committing to their proposed activity.
    It helps us so much. We both know what the other is up to, we can invite each other to events (eg. I'll invite DH to kids soccer games etc. so that he doesn't have to physically write them in his calendar. He gets an email alert saying he has an invitation, he just clicks yes and it is automatically put in his calendar).
    You can't lose the calendar (when I've upgraded phones, I just download the app, put in the app and there it is), you get alerts no matter what device you're on (so DH will get an email alert on his work computer), you don't have to carry a diary around with you everywhere you go, or need a pen, and it's completely free.
    We used to use a daily planner and everything was highlighted, but it didn't work...DH would forget to check it, I would be texting him to remind him to do stuff because he loses track of time at work, he couldn't see the planner at work so he would double book himself without realising until quite late and it would cause us stress and last minute scrambles to rearrange our days. Google calendars has been the best organisational tool for us.
    We use copy me that for meal planning. It has groceries list and a section for notes for each day. So I can write that we're having spag bol on Sunday night for dinner, but need to buy mince. Whoever is at the shops can open the app, see what is needed and buy it. They can also check the grocery list, and grab the items on it, and we can download recipes so when DH is cooking he doesn't need to ask me where the recipe is...it's already there for him.
    This is amazing and potentially life changing/relationship saving!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by HollyGolightly81 View Post
    This is amazing and potentially life changing/relationship saving!
    It's brilliant! With neither of us working conventional hours it's basically a must in our relationship! When things get hectic these two organisational systems help keep the wheels from falling off big time.
    I should add..we have a board from kmart - half is a chalkboard (reminders for kids go on it - such as who is picking up our primary school kids that afternoon so they know who to look for, or that x kid has y excursion and needs to pack z for it) and half wires with pegs. The kids attach their school notes to the pegs and one of us will sign them and jump online and pay for them. Each kid uses separate pegs and we can write 'notes are all signed and paid for' and the kids take them back to school. This might not be necessary when both parents are 9-5 workers, but neither of us are so it means it's all in one place. If I'm on a rn of afternoon shifts and only seeing the kids in the busy rush of a morning they aren't telling me they handed a note to the nanny or their dad and now don't know where it is. It also means I can organise it for them when they're at school and they come home and see that it is done.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Full House For This Useful Post:

frankie46  (06-01-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have a big Kikki K diary. Thinking of getting a second one as I use it so much and it's so full, it barely shuts now.
    I have coloured coded entries in the main part so even my husband will understand it if he opens it (though usually just asks me).

Thanks
    Reviews
    I use my phone. It's the only thing that's always with me. So I'm frantically writing down any apps mentioned lol so I can try them out.
    @Elijahs Mum what's the 'shop' app you use for grocery lists?
    @Full House wow you sound amazingly well organised!

Thanks
    Reviews
    @binnielici the wheels fall off very fast when we're not organised. We have learnt what does and doesn't work over the years. This is our best system to date.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Full House For This Useful Post:

binnielici  (06-01-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by binnielici View Post
    I use my phone. It's the only thing that's always with me. So I'm frantically writing down any apps mentioned lol so I can try them out.
    @Elijahs Mum what's the 'shop' app you use for grocery lists?
    @Full House wow you sound amazingly well organised!
    It's called shop shop - it's free and I like it as you can make and name as many lists as you want , I also add packing lists for holidays and present lists ! Eg: grocery, meat, seafood, fruit and veg, lunchbox, Xmas lunch , holiday packing, Xmas presents, DS birthday party, household items
    You can email or SMS the lists as well which is great

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Elijahs Mum For This Useful Post:

binnielici  (06-01-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    IMG_1483654186.717085.jpg

I also have this on the fridge which is handy.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm another that uses my phones calendar to save everything. I set double reminders, day before and up to 2 hours before so I hopefully never forget. I also uses the notes on my iPhone to create shopping lists, when I think of something I need I write it in there and add to it throughout the week. If DH rings and asks what do we need from the shops I can shoot through the notes from my phone.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I used to love having a calendar on the fridge, that way dh didn't have to always ask me if we are busy but now we have synced calendars on our iPhones that are colour coordinated.

Red - my events
    Blue - his events
    Green - joint events

It's a great system especially when booking appointments, they go straight in!