+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default What do you use to stay organised?

Phone reminders, Outlook calendars, apps, diaries?

I need something where I can keep EVERYTHING in one place. I have a planner in my bag but it's not right for me. I'd love a better one but I'm open to other ideas and/or systems people have!

Something to keep track of appointments and daily to-do's.

Thanks
    Reviews

Both our calendars are synced and everything goes into it. We use Wunderlist for everything else, like shopping list, meal plans, holidays, house hold chores ect you can have as many lists as you like & share with others. I creat the list DH gets a reminder & ticks off once completed. It has stopped all the arguments about what needs to bone ect.
    Last edited by MyDino; 06-01-2017 at 08:23.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MyDino For This Useful Post:

frankie46  (05-01-2017),Redcorset  (06-01-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    After missing 2 tests for uni last year while using my phone and uni diary, I've gone for a regular old fashioned diary this year as well as the family calendar.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Moxy For This Useful Post:

frankie46  (05-01-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/4/15100 Posts in a week

I have bought a Kikki K calendar that is split into 6 columns, 1 for each person / responsibility. http://www.kikki-k.com/family-calend...christmas-2016

I'm going to have 1 column for each family member and then 1 column for both sets of grandparents. This will have all of our appointments etc.

Every time I write something on the calendar, I will add a phone calendar entry. That way I have a phone reminder and visual reminder.

I also have a diary called a 'life designer' (http://www.adoremagazine.com/shop/2017-amelia-lane) which has 52 weekly meal planner pages, week to a page calendar, budget and a goals section. I'm using that for my studies mainly and the meal planner.

I set aside 2 nights a week to meal plan, budget, update my calendars and pay bills.

Maybe 'The Happiest Planner' has some recommendations!? She knows who she is, others may not
    Last edited by A-Squared; 05-01-2017 at 19:14.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to A-Squared For This Useful Post:

frankie46  (05-01-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I just use the calendar on my phone. When I make drs/beauty etc appointments I put the appointment straight into my phone calendar and I don't take appointment cards (as they get lost). I also put in party invites, outings, lunches etc etc - I can then see what's coming up each week/month. I also use it for medication reminders (as one of them is fortnightly) and I set an alarm to remind me to take my injection. I find paper diaries and calendars annoying personally as you either have to lug around another thing in your bag and dig about for a pen, or wait until you get home to fill it in (and by then I've forgotten!).

I also have all the family scripts at the local chemist so no-one runs out of medication. They text me when its time to fill the script to get permission to do it, and they then let me know when I need to pick it up. Very handy!

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Pearlygirl For This Useful Post:

frankie46  (05-01-2017),nicole83  (05-01-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I use a diary. I prefer an A6 week to a page diary that is small enough to fit comfortably in my.bag.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to smallpotatoes For This Useful Post:

frankie46  (05-01-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

My iPhone diary, it syncs to my work and home laptops, i can send DH or any one an iCal invite for outings, DS school stuff or anything really! We also have what's app for each family, work and school class for reminders of upcoming events, news or ideas, I use notes on my phone for everything and have the shop app for grocery shopping and packing

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Elijahs Mum For This Useful Post:

frankie46  (05-01-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by A-Squared View Post
    I also have a diary called a 'life designer' (http://www.adoremagazine.com/shop/2017-amelia-lane) which has 52 weekly meal planner pages, week to a page calendar, budget and a goals section. I'm using that for my studies mainly and the meal planner.
    Oh wow - i love this!!!! I also like the idea of writing things down then putting a phone reminder in. Thanks!

15. The Following User Says Thank You to frankie46 For This Useful Post:

A-Squared  (05-01-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Everything goes into my phones calendar and I have alerts, I don't miss a thing.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Blessedwith3boys For This Useful Post:

frankie46  (06-01-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've used an Erin Condren planner for the last couple of years and have just switched to a Moms on the go planner. Couldn't live without them now. They have all my appointments, to do's, meal plans, important notes, long and short term to do's. If I write it down it sticks in my head better or im
    More likely to do it. I use notes on my phone for quick stuff and write it in my planner. Also use phone alerts to remind myself of stuff.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Clementine Grace For This Useful Post:

frankie46  (06-01-2017)