+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I'm booked in for a section. And I want to cry.

The 2 things I needed for a successful vaginal birth with a chance of my coccyx remaining in tact they either can't offer or can't guarantee. So section it is.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh sweets I know this is not what you wanted. I hope you can make peace with it. The best thing is you know you will not have to deal with that horrific pain again.
    I'm so glad for that.
    Please don't be scared. Read up about positive section experiences and how you and DH can be involved and lead the event as much as possible so you can feel more in control of it. I hope it is a positive experience for you. I've heard lots of positive, beautiful stories about booked sections.
    And you're about to have a baby!!! How exciting xx

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gingermillie For This Useful Post:

Californication  (23-01-2017),Tiny Dancer  (23-01-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    All the very best!
    Keep your focus, you can do this. It will be ok

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Bluebirdgirl For This Useful Post:

Tiny Dancer  (23-01-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Big, big hugs. I know it's not what you wanted, but @gingermillie is right about not having the pain again. You can do this. DH can still cut the cord and it can still be a wonderful experience. My emergency section wasn't so great, because I was scared and worried about DS, but my elective was a really positive experience. So calm and really cruisy. I hope yours will be too xx

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Californication For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

Default To elective c-section or not

Great big (((hugs)))) hon, I know it hurts terribly when it's not what you wanted, but it will be okay, it really will.

It will be just one day and then you'll have a beautiful bub, you've got this. Xx

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Mod-Uniquey For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Tinydancer.. I was sh**t scared of having a natural birth and for my first there was never any other thought in my mind about having anything other than a elective c section. I am doing the same again for number 2. My elective c was relaxed calm and no need to sit on a whoopee cushion for the next 2 months. My bits are intact (unlike 2 friends who has had to have reconstructive surgery down there after big babies ripping them to shreds). I have plenty of photos of Bubs being lifted out.. Cord cut.. Checked over and placed on me. She was born at 9.50 am and I was back in my room at noon enjoying lunch with my new bub. The overall experience was without panic and all I could of hoped for. Sure the first few days recovering from majorly surgery.. Is a little painful.. But who expects birth to be painfree.

I know my opinion may be not the norm.. Only ever considering an elective c section.. But I still feel just as much of a woman after my elective c. But in the end...All that matters is bub arrives safely and mum is ok so you can care for and enjoy your new little one.

Good luck.. All will be fine!

11. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to kylie764 For This Useful Post:

HillDweller  (24-01-2017),Mama Mirabelle  (24-01-2017),mmmkay  (24-01-2017),Tiny Dancer  (24-01-2017),yadot  (24-01-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by kylie764 View Post
    @Tinydancer.. I was sh**t scared of having a natural birth and for my first there was never any other thought in my mind about having anything other than a elective c section. I am doing the same again for number 2. My elective c was relaxed calm and no need to sit on a whoopee cushion for the next 2 months. My bits are intact (unlike 2 friends who has had to have reconstructive surgery down there after big babies ripping them to shreds). I have plenty of photos of Bubs being lifted out.. Cord cut.. Checked over and placed on me. She was born at 9.50 am and I was back in my room at noon enjoying lunch with my new bub. The overall experience was without panic and all I could of hoped for. Sure the first few days recovering from majorly surgery.. Is a little painful.. But who expects birth to be painfree.

I know my opinion may be not the norm.. Only ever considering an elective c section.. But I still feel just as much of a woman after my elective c. But in the end...All that matters is bub arrives safely and mum is ok so you can care for and enjoy your new little one.

Good luck.. All will be fine!
    Agree with this. Unfortunately though, I had 2 natural births first. My 3rd, I finally got the elective c section I wanted and it was the best birth by far!!

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to yadot For This Useful Post:

HillDweller  (24-01-2017),kylie764  (24-01-2017),Tiny Dancer  (24-01-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hugs @Tinydancer I'm sorry you're not able to have the experience you wanted.

I was the same as @kylie764 and my elective section was great. DH cut the cord and even though our little bub had to go to the nursery for a couple of hours (because she was 3 weeks early) we still got to have snuggles with her first before DH went down with her, so even in that situation it was great. Everything was so calm.

I was up and about so quickly and my recovery has honestly been fantastic.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to HillDweller For This Useful Post:

kylie764  (24-01-2017),Tiny Dancer  (24-01-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I can't comment on c-sections, but I wanted to suggest that birthing on your back may not be the only position that could damage to your coccyx. I had DD3 on all fours and caused some damage to that area, I could feel it when she was in the birth canal there was a lot more pressure there than when I'd birthed the other three (1 on my back, 2 on my knees but upright).
    I think you've made the right decision all things considered. Your DS might surprise you with how gentle he can be ☺I hope you enjoy the rest of your pregnancy and are peacefully baby gazing soon xx

17. The Following User Says Thank You to TableDancer For This Useful Post:

Tiny Dancer  (24-01-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you @TableDancer - I definitely worry about the possibility that it's just going to happen again regardless. I remember the pressure when I was pushing with DS, and it was absolutely insane. I knew that there was going to be a lot of pressure - pushing baby out and all - but I was really surprised at how much there was. I am surprised that my eyes didn't bug out of my head. Once it went, it all seemed a lot easier.