ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 62 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    @Belle124 I'm in the same position as you. I'm up to 8 days of high on my digi OPK's and no sign of a peak yet. The whole time I've had watery CM or EWCM.

We have been going at it like rabbits so I really hope I O and we catch that eggy!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to NelopeJ88 For This Useful Post:

Belle124  (25-01-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @NelopeJ88 it's starting to get a little disheartening so I've decided to just go with the flow for the next couple of months and try and keep positive.
    I'm not going to test again after tomorrow as I think I may be putting a bit too much pressure on myself now!
    I had like one day of watery CM and then nothing which is just confusing me even further!!

Good luck to you though and keep up with that bed dancing haha 🏻

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by taylormacpat View Post
    Think Im ovulating late! Hope I have enough time for a baby to stick if I catch the egg!!! The race is on!

Hope your all okay and catch the egg also! X
    Don't stress about ovulating late - your luteal phase is always the same so you will just get af later. So long as your LP is 10 days or more you should be right. Implantation is commonly day 7,and your body gets the message to cancel af within 24 hours of that.

Thanks
    Reviews
    OMG Another frigging person on my facebook just announced her pregnancy... She fell on the first effing try, a few weeks after a major surgery! Who even has sex at a time like that? Honestly, What the actual hell? I feel like punching a wall (or my stupid uterus).

Why why WHY is this not happening for me!?

(sorry all, just needed to vent)

😢😢😢😢

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ana14 For This Useful Post:

EmeraldOwl  (31-01-2017),InterestedWoman  (26-01-2017),kylez83  (26-01-2017),taylormacpat  (26-01-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @ana14 I was at a friends baby shower on the weekend, she fell pregnant with her first on their first try and with her second by accident. Another lady there was pregnant with her 3rd and was complaining about being pregnant and how easy it was for her to fall pregnant. Here I was, nearly a year of trying, 10 days after our first fertility treatment of IUI, hoping and praying it worked. Didn't work by the way it was hard to sit there and listen to her being so upset that she was pregnant. All I could think of was your an ungrateful cow....

8. The Following User Says Thank You to kylez83 For This Useful Post:

taylormacpat  (26-01-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by kylez83 View Post
    @ana14 I was at a friends baby shower on the weekend, she fell pregnant with her first on their first try and with her second by accident. Another lady there was pregnant with her 3rd and was complaining about being pregnant and how easy it was for her to fall pregnant. Here I was, nearly a year of trying, 10 days after our first fertility treatment of IUI, hoping and praying it worked. Didn't work by the way it was hard to sit there and listen to her being so upset that she was pregnant. All I could think of was your an ungrateful cow....
    Oh I'm so sorry your iui didn't work that's rough. Will you try again? I don't know how you could sit through a baby shower - I've totally isolated myself from the world because I just can't take it anymore. I found myself frowning at strangers babies in the street, because im so mad they exist when I can't get pregnant... I am such a horrible person!

My sister opened up about her struggles with me a few months back. I was only 4 months into trying and feeling pretty positive. She was 2.5 years in, bloated from needles and going in for her first ivf. I remember listening to her story and wondering how she survived 2.5 years of heartbreak, and feeling lucky that 'that surely won't happen to me.' She became pregnant a week after that conversation. I was so excited for her (I still genuinely am) but I thought for sure we would be pregnant together. Now she is half way through and I'm here Googling whether I can just pay to get a HSG where I am, without an appointment (I'm travelling atm).

For years I waited patiently whilst DH got to a point of being ready for children. I coped by picking some women from my past who were also childless and used a loopy rational that 'if they haven't had kids then there is obviously still time for me' (nuts, but it helped me cope). They all had babies last year as I started trying. Their pregnancy announcements hurt the worst, because of everything they represented to me and my little fantasy world.

Ttc is like a secret, painful little world I never knew existed.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ana14 For This Useful Post:

kylez83  (26-01-2017),Trytryandtryagain  (28-01-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Went and held my mates new baby girl yesterday and watching my husband grin down at her while holding her just made me want it so much worse!!! They tried for 5 months before getting pregnant... so I'm hoping it happens for us soon too.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to taylormacpat For This Useful Post:

kylez83  (26-01-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Naw @ana14 I feel your pain. Yes it is a secret little sad world that people dont know exist.

My friend whose baby shower I went to reminded me yesterday that disappointments will happen and to remember the odds. I nearly lost my s#*y at her. I know she only means the best but she just doesn't understand the pain of ttc. Reminders like the odds and it happens to others just isnt helpful.

This was our first IUI and I'm sadly feeling quite angry at the moment about it. I hope it passes. We will try again in March, again in May and then will do IVF in July if we get that far. We are regional so only have access to IVF 3 time a year. We are lucky in that we only have 1 issue, low sperm count. Although I'm having a laparoscopy and hysteroscopy on Wednesday so hopefully they dont find anything wrong there.

My heart really goes out to those amazing ladies who sadly go through miscarriages. God I feel for them and hope we don't have to go through that.

What is your story @ana14?

Thanks
    Reviews
    @kylez83 Im not sure the sadness or anger ever really goes away. The feeling that somehow your body is failing you is so hard to reconcile. My poor DH doesn't really understand why I can sometimes just sink into a depression or start crying, but I can't be left with my thoughts for too long before it consumes me. Just gotta keep busy. I have all my fingers and toes crossed for your March iui. Come on baby!

My story? DH and I have been together forever - highschool sweethearts. We got married at 25 and are now both 32. We 'mutually' decided (OK, I wanted kids but I couldn't force him) to wait until 30 to start trying. A variety of circumstances at the time meant we started trying at 31. Honestly I started getting primal about it - it felt like my body was screaming at me that it was getting too late. It put a lot of strain on our relationship to be honest.

Anyway, we start trying and after about 3 months we decide to get checks 'just in case', since infertility has affected both of my sisters. The doc was great, and other then a morphology issue (8%) the doctor was pretty sure we would be back in his office soon to get our first pregnancy checkup.

Straight after testing we left australia to travel for a year. That whole 'you get pregnant on holiday' myth is a joke. It also means I can't access all the usual things people try when ttc - I spent 3 weeks on forums to find one shop that sells Evening primrose oil in this country. Pre-seed or vitex? Lots of cheapie pregnancy tests? Not a chance. I miss Internet shopping! I also can't get further testing.

Anyway we've been trying 8 months - which I know isn't long. I keep thinking 'next month will be it' and 'you are being silly to worry so much' but I honestly feel something isn't right. It's that voice in my head begging me to start ttc back when I was 28. It makes me a horrible person, but I almost wish I could have a miscarriage or chemical just to KNOW I can get pregnant... Although if it happened I think I would die from the pain.

Whew, that's my novel! Lol.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to ana14 For This Useful Post:

kylez83  (26-01-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for the well wishes and your honesty @ana14. How good is it to get it all out! What upset me the most about this last cycle is I had ALL the textbook symptoms of implantation. I even nearly passed out at work last week! And then AF turns up... how could my body betray me like that!? I feel deceived and stupid for believing. But you have to believe and hope that those symptoms are for real because what else do we have to hold onto during this up and down journey?

Your story is cute (high school sweethearts) but sad that its taking so long to fall pregnant for you guys. There could be nothing wrong with either of you and it could just be a timing thing. My brother and his wife started trying when they were 25 and 26. It took them 9 months with their first, their second took about 6 months and they had a mc after 8 weeks, the next one took 4 more months after that. It still doesn't take the hurt each month away but hopefully it gives some hope for you xo. Where are you guys traveling to/ around? We did a month in America in 2015 and a month in Europe in 2016. Love traveling!

Sorry for any newbies reading our bitter and upset posts. It's hard to stay positive and optimistic after months and months of ttc. I'll bounce back to my positive self soon. Wishing you all the luck in the world that you get lucky and don't have to go through the ttc heartbreak xo