+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Who took your photos post birth?

I realise this is a first world problem, but I have no photos of me with two of my three babies in the delivery suite. I do with the third because he died and so we never left the delivery suite.

I see so many photos of people with their newborns straight after birth. I wish I had that. My husband didn't take any of me at all after the birth. I forgot to ask him to but isn't it something he should think of? He took photos of himself with the baby.

He's a wonderful man in every way, but the rainbow pregnancy in particular was so hard. I just wish I had a photo of that triumphant moment.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Sorry for your loss Hun. Xx
    When I went private with DS1 a midwife took photos. Had planned for hubby to take them however the midwife campaigned for the job!

When I went public with DS2 it was all hubby. As with ds1 we discussed it beforehand and hubby knew what was required of him

- both were csecs though so it was probably easier for hubby to focus?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    Sorry for your loss.
    The midwives have always done it for us.
    With the last bub the lovely midwife took one and sent it to my dd1. Who had send back a text saying could she have a uni friend friendly photo please. She didnt think they wanted to she his first breastfeed.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I am so sorry for your loss sally
    I can understand wanting the photos after the fact and missing having them which hurts as you can't go back.
    For me my birth was traumatic as I was in ICU before and after separated from dd and she was in hospital for 2 weeks after she was born. I have hardly any photos of her in that time and probably only 5 actually with me. Luckily the anaesthetic nurse (I had a section) took a camera into the operating theatre so we have about 10 pics from the actual birth and 2 of those are of me holding/ looking at dd. I wish we had some more.
    At that time I know photos were the last thing on our mind we were so overwhelmed with having our first baby and the circumstances around the birth with me and her being so sick. So perhaps your DH felt that same overwhelming feeling and was just focused on you and the baby being ok?
    We were lucky with that nurse so I guess it would be good if midwives maybe asked about whether you want photos as a prompt but I understand they probably think none of their business/not their job so it's a hard one.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    So sorry you dont have pix. The delivery suite photos i have of my 3 were all taken by DH. Not heaps of photos by any means but 2 or 3 for each one.
    I do wish id gone with my idea of a birth photographer for my 3rd birth knowing it was my last baby

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    For both kids I have 1 or 2 with them that my partner took. I had to remind him. Both times I had prepped him and made sure he knew that I really wanted pictures while I was in labor and when they were born, but both times he forgot. Focusing on other things I guess.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had packed the camera and had organised with my student midwife to take photos. However, when I actually gave birth my student midwife had to leave the room before she fainted due to how much blood I loss. I was in shock from the blood loss so couldn't tell DF to take photos, I couldn't even open my eyes but I could hear. I heard a midwife tell DF that he should take photos and I'm lucky he did as my blood loss caused me not to remember my birth or first hold, so it is nice to have the photos

Thanks
    Reviews
    My husband took a few, but it was the midwife who reminded us.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had to have a planned c-section both times. The first time my anethatist took some photos during/after birth but they weren't good at all (really blurry). I got ill during and immediately after the procedure, so although my DH took a few as well there weren't a lot. There was not one nice one of the three of us at all (in the operating theatre, recovery or even the whole hospital stay). I understand why you feel sad.

With DD#2 my anethatist took our camera without being requested and snapped away! He took photos of the procedure and of DH and I with our baby. Then we went to recovery where the midwives took several for us, and DH took a few too.

My DH is a lovely man. But he would never have taken the photos he did without me or the midwives specifically telling him too. He was too caught up in the moment and photos aren't really his thing.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Hubby and midwife I had planned cs