+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ahalfdozen View Post
    Bit late to the table, but when I make a nachos, I make chicken ones.
    In slow cooker, Chuck in chicken breast, 1/2 cup milk, 1/2 cup sour cream, tin of cream of chicken condensed soup, 1-2tbs of taco seasoning. Leave it go for 4 hours on low. Chuck in some shredded cheese and leave it for another half hour. Chicken will be shreddable by then. Take it out and plop it on some corn chips.

I usually serve it like that to the kids, but for hubby and I, I add salsa which is..
    Tomato and cucumber dived, chopped red onion and coriander, with a bit or lime or lemon juice.
    That sounds nice! Might try that another day

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gingermillie View Post
    I do mine with
    500g premium beef mince
    2 medium carrots grated
    1 medium zucchini grated
    1/2 green capsicum finely diced
    Packet of taco seasoning (can easily replace with homemade lower salt version using a spice mix of ground paprika, cumin, coriander, garlic, chilli)
    Brown mince then add grated/diced veg and taco seasoning with 1 cup boiling water and cook down until liquid absorbed about 10 minutes.
    I just use plain corn chips and top with the beef mix, dollops of tomato salsa, grated cheese (can microwave it once assembled if you want melted cheese) then add guacamole on the side.
    Just wanted to report back that I made these last night and they were a massive hit! I didn't put the capsicum in as the kids hate it and can find the smallest fleck of it, but it was yum! Such a quick and easy meal - definitely going in the rotation!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Californication For This Useful Post:

gingermillie  (05-01-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Californication View Post
    Just wanted to report back that I made these last night and they were a massive hit! I didn't put the capsicum in as the kids hate it and can find the smallest fleck of it, but it was yum! Such a quick and easy meal - definitely going in the rotation!
    Yay! I'm so glad you liked it! I actually wanted to make it for my lunch today but thought making nachos for lunch for one person was a tad indulgent

5. The Following User Says Thank You to gingermillie For This Useful Post:

Californication  (06-01-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    DS asked if we could have it for dinner tonight as well . We didn't, but he obviously thought they were awesome enough to have 2 nights in a row.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Californication For This Useful Post:

gingermillie  (06-01-2017)