+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Prams for tall parents?

Hi Guys, (please excuse my lack of lingo, I'm new here!)
    My partner and I are looking for the best pram for us, but we're finding it a little difficult as I am 5'6 and he is 6'6!
    We're obviously looking for something with an adjustable handle, also suitable for newborn and up, and if possible something under $500, but will spend up to about $1000 if it will last!
    HELP!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have a Joolz Geo which is great for tall people (I'm quite short) as it has an adjustable handle which goes quite high.

The stokke is good for tall people as well.

Both are well over $1000 but you could get a nice second hand one?

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Alicia111 For This Useful Post:

stereotyped5  (01-01-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I have a baby jogger city versa (it was discontinued but has been replaced with the city premier model and is also probably similar in height to their city mini and city select models). My DH is 6'6 too and it's a good height for him (I'm 5'8). My dd is 18 months now and the pram is solid as a rock so I can't speak highly enough of baby jogger pram quality (it's my second one).
    The city select needs a bassinet for newborns and is more expensive (around $800) and quite large. But will take a second seat if you're going to have more than one child. The city mini can lay back and be used from newborn as is or with a bassinet attachment and is cheaper (under $500) but is only forward facing. City mini is also amazingly lightweight and easy to fold and maneuver. I initially had a city mini and it is fantastic but I really wanted my tiny baby to face me so bought the versa.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to gingermillie For This Useful Post:

stereotyped5  (01-01-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Another baby jogger fan here, have the city elite and the city versa and DH is 6'3 and adjusts the handles ok for his height

Thanks
    Reviews
    subbing.... I am 5'5 and hubby 6'4 and I never even thought about his height!

Thanks
    Reviews
    As you look at options take into consideration how they adjust.

I have an Agile plus and at 173cm the adjustable handle was a selling feature. However the height is adjusted by pivoting, rather than a telescopic in-out. This makes it super easy to adjust but means that on the highest setting the room for my stride is shortened (eg. I end up closer to the body of the pram), so I kick the back of the pram.

If your DH is like me and his height is in his legs, make sure you get one where the handle comes out as it goes up.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I remember when looking at prams that the icandy had a handle that could be pulled in and out to adjust the height.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am 5'1" and my husband is 6'1" and we have a Valco Rebel Q. Really great pram without the hefty price tag which has served (and continues to serve) both my kids. Seat area of pram folds completely flat for newborn stage, can rear or forward face, has extendable hood which is great in both summer and winter and best of all has a telescopic handle. DH struggles with lower back issues but has never had a drama with the handle height and pushing this pram.

Thanks
    Reviews
    We have a GT Mini and it's great for tall people puncture less tires..great if you like walking also light...my child is nearly 5 and still fits ...if you get this you will only need one pram.

We got it and sheepskin cover and drinks holder costs about 700 to 800 but worth it.

Also suitable for you GT Elite.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    We have the strider compact, great pram for tall or short people. It has a pivoting handle as well so hubby and i just adjust to our individual preference. We have the capsule as well so all up it was just under $1000 on sale but you can get it without the capsule on its own for around $700 on sale. We love our pram.