Closed Thread
Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Thoughts??

My sister wants to organize a holiday for next xmas and my dads 60th (his birthdsy is boxing day). She is looking at a place nesr an open ocean with very high waves (Venus Bay in victoria). We told her we didn't like the idea as the open ocean is too dangerous for the kids (not just ours but niece and nephews too) and my other sister says we are selfish because we said no to that place. Are we right to be annoyed? Are we selfish? We want to go/stay somewhere but we were asked for our opinions and when we told a very legitimate reason my youngest sister says this and gets all sh1tty. She has no kids so probably doesn't understand how stressful it is when they'res danger around.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    What would it matter if you continued to be responsible in only allowing your children to swim between the flags at authorised swim beaches?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger
    I had never heard of the place before, so just googled it. Looks like a great place. Not sure what your concerns are exactly, what I read said it had patrolled beaches as well as an inlet.

With all the current threads about risk and danger, taking a family holiday there seems like a pretty sedate thing to do.

How old are your kids and what are your specific concerns?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yeah... i have 4 kids. I don't think i would be too confident and i know i would be stressed to the max even with lifeguards around. My youngest sister (the childless one) just told me my kids are not her problem. Yeah they're not but surely as their aunty she would understand.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Kids are 12, 9, 7 and almost 3. My concern is them drowning!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    What are you worried about that would happen? What kind of place would you prefer?

I think it looks awesome! I have 2 kids (almost 4yo and almost 9mo) and I would take them.

Thanks
    Reviews
    And there is only one of me and 4 of them. Partner has back issues so can't run if thing's get dangerous. My other sisters have their own kids to worry about. Surely you can understand my concerns.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Unschooling4 View Post
    Yeah... i have 4 kids. I don't think i would be too confident and i know i would be stressed to the max even with lifeguards around. My youngest sister (the childless one) just told me my kids are not her problem. Yeah they're not but surely as their aunty she would understand.
    Swim between the flags and keep your kids within arms reach. If you don't think you and your partner can control your kids to keep them within arms reach then don't take them to the beach. Go shopping or to a cafe.

9. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to VicPark For This Useful Post:

delirium  (30-12-2016),LaDiDah  (31-12-2016),smallpotatoes  (31-12-2016),yadot  (30-12-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Righto so i cant control my kids now. đŸ˜©

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by twinklify View Post
    What are you worried about that would happen? What kind of place would you prefer?

I think it looks awesome! I have 2 kids (almost 4yo and almost 9mo) and I would take them.
    Good for you.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast