Closed Thread
Page 4 of 43 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I don't agree with leaving your kids in a running car for 15 minutes, but that author sh!ts me. She so easily could have let the woman know her kids were distressed instead of waiting, timing her, and then giving her a lecture about her parenting choice. What a cow.

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Full House For This Useful Post:

4B2L  (30-12-2016),A-Squared  (30-12-2016),Anjalee  (30-12-2016),babyno1onboard  (30-12-2016),Californication  (31-12-2016),HollyGolightly81  (30-12-2016),twinklify  (30-12-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cheeeeesecake View Post
    Just a fresh thought - I wonder where the author's own children were while she had the luxury of a child-free breakfast with a friend at the cafe? She obviously had the luxury of SOMEone looking after her kids while she enjoyed brekkie and judged the other mum. I can tell you the amount of times I've enjoyed the luxury of a kid free breakfast in the last 6 years - a great big fat zero. It's easy to be a judgemental b!tch when you have a heap of support and someone to look after your kids whenever you want. Not so easy when you have your kids in you care 100%, 24/7, with no child-free time to grab a coffee, ever.
    Love this. 100% agree.

Some people are so lucky with help and they just don't get it

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to yadot For This Useful Post:

cheeeeesecake  (30-12-2016),twinklify  (30-12-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I wonder how true the actual story is - I think this story is more a public service announcement about not leaving your kids in the car, ever, especially in Summer (even if you have the air con running).

6. The Following User Says Thank You to PinkPink For This Useful Post:

Mason98  (30-12-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Just a fresh thought - I wonder where the author's own children were while she had the luxury of a child-free breakfast with a friend at the cafe? She obviously had the luxury of SOMEone looking after her kids while she enjoyed brekkie and judged the other mum. I can tell you the amount of times I've enjoyed the luxury of a kid free breakfast in the last 6 years - a great big fat zero. It's easy to be a judgemental b!tch when you have a heap of support and someone to look after your kids whenever you want. Not so easy when you have your kids in you care 100%, 24/7, with no child-free time to grab a coffee, ever.
    I've loved both of your posts.

We are in London currently so I mostly walk places and there hasn't been much opportunity to leave my kids in the car, I think I've only done it to grab money from the ATM on our corner. In the two years we've had the car I actually haven't had to grab petrol on my own (without DH), but I would leave them in the car to pay, I feel leaving them strapped in their car seats in a locked car is more safe than getting them out. I have zero help during the day.

When I go for a walk in the morning after dropping ds1 off at preschool and ds2 falls asleep in the pram, I often leave him and the pram outside of the two coffee shops I frequent while I order a coffee. One coffee shop I usually can't fit the pram in anyways and the other it is usually because he wakes up whenever we go in but if I leave him outside he'll stay asleep.

As a nanny, I regularly left twins I looked after in the car while I quickly ordered a coffee or grabbed milk at the little shop near their house or paid for petrol. Always a situation where the car was parked directly out front and I could see them. I know their mom did as well.

I also get the feeling the article was exaggerated. Wouldn't make for a good article if it was a couple minutes, one of the kids was 10, and the mom actually looked out the window a few times.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to HollyGolightly81 For This Useful Post:

Mama Mirabelle  (30-12-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    What does everybody think of this? I've been to Copenhagen a couple times and there are always prams with children parked outside. I had assumed it was because they were too big to bring inside (prams in Denmark are HUGE), but its more because that's just their attitude and culture.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.f...?client=safari

IMG_1483086391.046613.jpg

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    It doesn't matter. It's not a ****ing match of (guessing) which lady has it easier or harder. All that is irrelevant to the fact the lady getting a latte made a ****ty call and her kids were distressed and possibly in danger as a result.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by HollyGolightly81 View Post
    What does everybody think of this? I've been to Copenhagen a couple times and there are always prams with children parked outside. I had assumed it was because they were too big to bring inside (prams in Denmark are HUGE), but its more because that's just their attitude and culture.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.f...?client=safari

Attachment 87509
    Only ok if the parents are seated right next to the baby (ie can stick their hand through the fence and touch the pram). If the parents can't see the baby then - bloody eeeek Madeline McCann anyone?!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Quote Originally Posted by Full House View Post
    I don't agree with leaving your kids in a running car for 15 minutes, but that author sh!ts me. She so easily could have let the woman know her kids were distressed instead of waiting, timing her, and then giving her a lecture about her parenting choice. What a cow.
    So you are angry with the witness for letting the kids be distressed ... but the mum who put the kids in the distressing situation to start with gets a free pass?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HollyGolightly81 View Post
    What does everybody think of this? [/ATTACH]
    I think I'd much rather live in a society that's comfortable leaving babies outside cafes than one in which people are so terrified of everyday risks that they "couldn't bare to bring children into the world" etc.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Renn For This Useful Post:

BabyG4  (01-01-2017),HollyGolightly81  (30-12-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

Default Leaving kids in car for Latte

Quote Originally Posted by VicPark View Post
    Only ok if the parents are seated right next to the baby (ie can stick their hand through the fence and touch the pram). If the parents can't see the baby then - bloody eeeek Madeline McCann anyone?!!
    There's glass there, and I don't know if they are the parents in the window, the picture's from an article.

Did you read the article, or others like it? It's very normal in Denmark, and they have an incredibly low kidnapping rate, recently won 'happiest country in the world,' and have a society and parenting culture that much of the world admires.

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 43 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast