+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    TheGooch is offline Winner 2014 - Newbie of the Year
    Winner 2016 BubHubs DIVA Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

Default TRIGGER: possible miscarriage and maybe TMI

I feel a bit silly posting this but I think I may have had a miscarriage. I really just want to know if I need to see a dr.

I thought I had just started my period - after 52 days without one.
    That's the longest I've ever gone without one.
    We've been actively TTC since July.
    About 2 weeks ago I had cramps that were really intense, doubling me over at times, waking me up at night. They felt different to period cramps but i put it down to a really long cycle. When I started bleeding last night I thought, cramps two weeks ago might have been ovulation cramping, although I've never felt that before.
    TMI Ahead
    Today I've had some greyish more solid, discharge. Like a really large clot, but grey in colour instead of red or brown.
    Have I had a miscarriage? Do I need to see a Dr to make sure everything that should have happened, has happened?
    I was at the Dr last week and did a pregnancy test which came back negative.

I'm sorry for the TMI. I've just never had anything like this happen before.
    I'm quite practical about it. I'm not upset. If that's what it is, as I didn't know if I was pregnant. I just want to make sure that we can still keep TTC as normal.

I have an appointment with my Gyno in a couple of weeks. Can I just wait until then?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I would see your doctor. I've had 2 miscarriages and with the first I was still getting positive hpt's until right before the main bleed started. Win the second one, I had a d&c and the hpt was positive for maybe a couple of weeks after.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Did your dr do a blood test pregnancy test or just a urine test? I guess it could be possible. When I had my mc earlier in the year I passed what I can only assume was the sac (as that's all there was of the pregnancy). In true midwife fashion I picked it off my pad/toilet paper and examined it in great detail. It certainly looked like what I can assume was the sac. I was expecting to mc though and my GP did serial hcg tests to make sure my levels went back to <2, which thankfully they did of their own accord. If it was a mc that you've had, if there are retained products of conception then you will need some kind of intervention to have them removed. Can you get to a local GP just to do a blood test to be sure?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    My first mc was like you say. Most painful cramping and I past a greyish, skin colourish clot that was wrinkly one side and bloody the other. My OB says the placenta would have been wrapped around it making it like that.

The other two mc's I have had have both just been lots of blood clots, some I missed so not entirely sure if anything else was present.

I didn't need medical assistance but best to have a chat to your dr.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hugs @TheGooch
    I haven't had a miscarriage before but have dealt with heavy periods and clotting. I have pcos and irregular cycles and I have passed weird chunks before which look kind of like a lump of skin (gross sorry ) and from memory it's called a cast? That's in my distant memory so might be very wrong.
    I wonder if you go to the dr or even use a frer today even though you've passed the contents you may still have hcg? I'm not sure how long it takes to go down. That could give you more definitive info.
    Sorry @TheGooch.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sounds possible. I had a positive poas until the brown spotting stopped in my mc. (2 weeks from beginning of mc).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Thanks all for your advice.
    Dr just did a POAS test. No bloods
    I haven't had a positive test at all. Which is why I just thought it was my period.
    The only reason I thought possible miscarriage was the weird cramps and the odd contents (don't know what else to call it :S )
    I'll try and get a GP appointment tomorrow or as soon as there's an available one and see what they say.
    Thank you all for your advice

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Week ended 24/7/2014100 Posts in a week
    Thinking of you xx

BH-KatiesMum is offline Community Manager
    Winner 2008 - The most optimistic poster
    Winner 2014 - Most Helpful Moderator
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator
    200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a week

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by HearMeRoar View Post
    Thinking of you xx
    Quote Originally Posted by BH-KatiesMum View Post
    Thanks for your thoughts girls xxx
    I'm honestly ok. It would be different had I definitely been pregnant and known about it