ADVERTISEMENT

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I was 35 when I finally conceived my first after TTC for 8.5yrs. DH was 40. Everyone was ridiculously happy for us as we very nearly gave up.

OP I think it's fantastic that you're thinking ahead and are well informed of the delays that may present after being on long-term hormonal birth control. Good on you!

Quote Originally Posted by Loh4 View Post
    I wasn't planning on telling them they have just made it very clear they expect me to wait till I'm as close to or over 30 before I even consider having children (they don't want to be young grandparents )
    Your parents should be careful what they wish for. My Mum didn't want to be a grandmother before she was 40. She was 16 when she had me, so I needed to be at least 24 to have a baby (according to her). In the end she never got to be a grandmother at all... she passed away at 46. I had my DD 5yrs later.

As a responsible self-sufficient adult, whatever age you have a baby is no-one's business but yours and your partner's.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to SimpsonDesert For This Useful Post:

Loh4  (03-01-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Loh4 View Post
    This question was merely asked to just find out what different ages people found out about their first pregnancy, as it is amazing to hear everyone's stories thus far. It wasn't asked to get justification or for me to base a decision off what other people said, and clearly stated further up that I'm not ttc right now.
    Ok if it's just asked for stories not to get justification then that's different.

You are only 22 and said you won't be trying to conceive as your parents have made it clear you shouldn't get pregnant before 30. That's plenty of time to help build a relationship between your partner and you parents. Hopefully by then they will have accepted him and like him

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am currently pregnant with bubby #1 and am/will be 26 when it's due.. will turn 27 about 8 weeks later and hubby is 28 and will turn 29 8 weeks later

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Deezaf For This Useful Post:

Loh4  (04-01-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Deezaf View Post
    I am currently pregnant with bubby #1 and am/will be 26 when it's due.. will turn 27 about 8 weeks later and hubby is 28 and will turn 29 8 weeks later
    Same b'day? 😊

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Deezaf View Post
    Same b'day? 😊

Thanks
    Reviews
    We're a day apart (two years apart)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I was 27 when I fell pregnant with DS1 (planned) and I had him just after I turned 28. DH was 31. Now pregnant with DS2 (unplanned) at 29 and will still be 29 when I have him. DH will be 33. I can't believe I'm going to have two kids by thirty haha!! Everyone has been really happy for us both times. I think my first pregnancy was slightly more celebrated/fussed over by some people, but that's pretty normal Those really close to me have celebrated this new bubba just as much

Thanks
    Reviews
    Currently pregnant with #1. By the time bub is born, I'll be 31 (currently 30) and DH is 38.
    I would've loved to start a family in my mid to late 20's, but unfortunately life had different plans

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Elaria086 For This Useful Post:

Loh4  (08-01-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Simpsondesert,
    I read your post way back that the first IVF cycle where you got pregnant based on Dr Mathias' protocol was where you had to take clexane as well as Prednisone and progesterone pessaries. Can you remember the dosage of clexane you were on? Was it the lowest dose of 20mg or 40mg?
    I am on my first IVF cycle but my TPO is ridiculously hight at 9000 (the norm is less than 60) and I want no stone unturned for this first cycle and am requesting to be on everything even though my FS was reluctant.
    At the moment I am on 20mg Clexane, 30mg prednisone (just for the 5 days after transfer), baby aspirin (81mg), thyroxine (100mg) and progesterone pessaries.
    Thanks for the wealth of information to help us ladies with an autoimmune problem!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I was 24 when I had my first child. We were married 3months when he started ttc and bubs due date was our first wedding anniversary. I had a couple of aunties ask if it was an accident because they didn’t think we’d been married long enough. Not that their approval mattered as our parents were all over the moon. Had my second at 26 and I’ve recently found out I’m pregnant with my third and will be due a couple of weeks after my 29th birthday. All our kids have been planned and wanted and honestly no ones opinions should matter if it’s what you want and you have the ability to provide and care for the child.