+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I was 32 DH 33 when ds was born. This time we will be 36 and 37. Everyone was happy we finally had a baby. Being one of the oldest and close to one of the last to have one.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I was 20. He was 36. Don't have many friends and don't speak to my family but his mum was a little questioning for the first few months of finding out as no one really even knew we were together. His father was indifferent. Now our relationship is kinda falling apart (he says there is no relationship when he's in a ****ty mood) but I'm happy I had her. She is absolutely the best thing in my world. In hindsight I wish I had of waited a bit longer. I thought we were stable so agreed to having kids but now I've become what I swore since childhood I wouldn't be. I've become like my mother. I'm very close to being a single mother. I always said to myself. Lots of babies, one daddy, not big age gaps. I just rolled that into a neat little bundle of failure and threw it out the window.
    Sorry for the downer guys and gal's. Just need a bit of a vent.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Loh4 View Post
    I wasn't planning on telling them they have just made it very clear they expect me to wait till I'm as close to or over 30 before I even consider having children (they don't want to be young grandparents )

Um, what?! I would have assumed they were joking and laughed in their face. You're an adult, when you have children is none of their business, especially when their feelings about the matter revolve around themselves!

I was (am, because our 1st baby is only 4 weeks old) 37 and DH is 28. We went through IVF and everyone was over the moon (although, whether they were or not wouldn't have bothered me, it's our life, not theirs).

4. The Following User Says Thank You to HillDweller For This Useful Post:

Loh4  (02-01-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/4/15100 Posts in a week
    I was 29 when I had my first and 31 when I had my second.

We had the opposite - we left it too late to have kids as everyone was desperate for grandkids about 5 years prior.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to A-Squared For This Useful Post:

Loh4  (02-01-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by HillDweller View Post
    Um, what?! I would have assumed they were joking and laughed in their face. You're an adult, when you have children is none of their business, especially when their feelings about the matter revolve around themselves!

I was (am, because our 1st baby is only 4 weeks old) 37 and DH is 28. We went through IVF and everyone was over the moon (although, whether they were or not wouldn't have bothered me, it's our life, not theirs).
    I thought so too but it when it was mentioned repeatedly I started to get the hint they were completely serious!

I would like to think they won't be stubborn when the times comes, but then again you can't please everyone

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Loh4 For This Useful Post:

HillDweller  (02-01-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    17. He was 21. I didn't know until I lost it after a car crash. So didn't have to deal with anyone in regards to it.

Me 26, him 42. Married. Miscarriage. Hadn't told anyone yet.

Me 27, him 43. Married. DD, now 10 months (born in Feb).
    The ones who disapproved were the ones who disapproved of our relationship and we have no contact anyway so no need to deal with it.

ETA: H was 33 when DSD was born, and 35 when DSS was born. Lots of negativity, though he was married and had been with her since 1998 (first born in 2006).
    Last edited by DT75; 02-01-2017 at 20:00.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Age - first pregnancy

I think if you are asking this question you aren't mature enough to make your own decisions so you aren't ready to ttc.

Shouldn't matter what others think (even if they are your parents) and what ages a bunch of strangers had their first pregnancy?

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Hopeful37 For This Useful Post:

Mod-Wise Enough  (02-01-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Could it be a cultural thing? Often other cultures put pressure on their kids to achieve a lot and they worry a child might prevent that (or reverse in other cultures!).

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Mod-Wise Enough For This Useful Post:

Hopeful37  (02-01-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Hopeful37 View Post
    I think if you are asking this question you aren't mature enough to make your own decisions so you aren't ready to ttc.

Shouldn't matter what others think (even if they are your parents) and what ages a bunch of strangers had their first pregnancy?
    This question was merely asked to just find out what different ages people found out about their first pregnancy, as it is amazing to hear everyone's stories thus far. It wasn't asked to get justification or for me to base a decision off what other people said, and clearly stated further up that I'm not ttc right now.

15. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Loh4 For This Useful Post:

KJane13  (24-12-2017),missybear  (07-12-2017),mmmkay  (03-01-2017),SAgirl  (03-01-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Loh4 View Post
    This question was merely asked to just find out what different ages people found out about their first pregnancy, as it is amazing to hear everyone's stories thus far. It wasn't asked to get justification or for me to base a decision off what other people said, and clearly stated further up that I'm not ttc right now.
    Don't worry OP, most of us understood why you were asking

17. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to SAgirl For This Useful Post:

CountryMumkin  (03-01-2017),KJane13  (24-12-2017),Loh4  (03-01-2017),missybear  (07-12-2017)