+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I was 17 when DS1 was conceived (18 when he was born). Ex-H was 22..... it's safe to say no one approved (not planned, but very loved!) I was then 20 when DS2 was conceived.

Looking back it was quite sad that everyone's reaction was "your life is over". I'm now 30, boys are 12 and 9. I have an amazing career, great DP, I've travelled, had loads of fun and definitely not missed out.

Back to square 1 and TTC The few people that know are so supportive.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to dreamingofnumber3 For This Useful Post:

AdornedWithCats  (30-12-2016),babyno1onboard  (30-12-2016),Loh4  (30-12-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I will be just short of my 43rd birthday when bub #1 arrives. DH will be 53.

My family all knew we were TTC (we did IVF and had an egg donor help us) and are thrilled for us.

DH's family are not yet aware we are expecting. (We're nearly 14 weeks.)

DH's Mother once made the comment that "Oh, no. These two will never have children. Why would they? (DH) already has four!" at a family get-together. I've been offside with her ever since and don't want to share such special news with such a bitter woman. You would think after having 6 kids of her own she might appreciate my desire to have a baby, but nope

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by VicPark View Post
    Why would you tell them you were TTC'ing? From your other thread I think you are 21 and looking at TTC'ing in 2-3 years? I don't see why a parent would get any type of vote in their 23-24 year old child TTC'ing?

Is there a good reason why your parents don't like your partner? Or do you think they would have a problem with any man you were with?Any reason why you are thinking of TTC'ing so far in advance?
    I wasn't planning on telling them they have just made it very clear they expect me to wait till I'm as close to or over 30 before I even consider having children (they don't want to be young grandparents )

Yes I am I turn 22 in 6 months, I'm about to come of the Depo and the doctor has explained that it could take 2 years to get back to normal fertility I was irregular before birth control so wanted to stop and try let me body regulate its self now so when it comes to wanting too we have more of a chance of not encountering too many problems

They have never liked my partner and we have been together for over 4 years now, we lived with them for a small period of time before we moved into our own place and they started not liking him even more( because he went out to see his friends when I had days off work) to me it was petty as I would do the same thing and didn't see anything wrong with spending time with friends and partner you need a balance somewhat, the dynamic in our relationship and they way we make things work to them is not right as it's different to their relationship but we are happy and work as a team, money also (don't think he has enough money to support me) even though he has a stable job and has for the past 4 years and has been given a pay rise every year and is receiving one this January too, I believe they are just a bit set in their ways about things and aren't willing to accept him, basically unless he was a replica of my dad I don't think they would ever be happy.

Thanks
    Reviews
    21 and dh was 27. My mum seemed a little disappointed at first maybe because I wasn't married and I don't think they liked dh all that much. 6 years later they are over it

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Loh4 View Post
    I wasn't planning on telling them they have just made it very clear they expect me to wait till I'm as close to or over 30 before I even consider having children (they don't want to be young grandparents )
    Wow this is incredibly selfish of them and I wouldn't let it sway your decision at all! I don't particularly want to be an old grandparent but I would dream of asking my son to make sure he has kids young to please me.
    That decision should be entirely up to you and your partner!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Mod-Zeddie For This Useful Post:

Loh4  (30-12-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I was 30 and DH was 39 when I fell pregnant with DS (planned). We'd been together for 10 years and married for 2, so no one disapproved as such.

I do remember when I told my parents that my dad did not seem to take it well. He had secured me a job opportunity at his workplace that was going to commence later that year. As it turned out, my boss was happy for me to start the job even though I was half way through a pregnancy, so it was a non-issue (I was very lucky, and I'm still in the same job 6 years later).

Even though he had his reasons to feel a bit concerned, I still think back to how joyless he was when I shared such a special announcement and it does disappoint me.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    I was 28 when I fell pregnant, and my dad was the one who didn't seem to approve. Basically because he thought my exH and I should've already broken up and not gotten pregnant (dad was right, I just hadn't realised it yet). I don't think he said the exact words to my face, but he most likely thought it was a disaster. In hindsight he was right and although I love my DS dearly I never should've had a baby with my exH.

Thanks
    Reviews
    18 but had a m/c .. 22 when finally had a take home bubba and 24 when #2 was born

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I'm pregnant with my first and will be 32 when I'm due. Family is ecstatic as dh and I have been married for 8 years and I think they started to worry that we wouldn't want kids. We've just done other things, got 2nd degrees, lived overseas, developed & changed careers, and bought our second home.

I have conflicting thoughts - part of me wishes we started a family when we were younger...but then I don't think I'd change anything we've done in our marriage so far. I'm pregnant a tad later than I imagined but we are so so ready to expand our family!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Yogis Mumma For This Useful Post:

Loh4  (30-12-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I was just gone 20 with my first, not planned, my family were fine with it, what could they do about it anyway? I pretty much lost all my friends though, not in a malicious way but they just filtered out of my life because they were out partying, doing uni, living their lives and I was at home with a baby. If people judged me unfairly they didn't do it to my face.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to PipersMummy For This Useful Post:

Loh4  (30-12-2016)