+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

Default Aromatherapy diffusers & essential oil recommendations

I got an aromatherapy diffuser for Xmas, which I quite like, but my DH doesn't like the blend of oils I'm using (he hates lavender, and thinks it smells like lavender when it in fact does not contain lavender!).

What oil/s do you like to put in yours?

DH prefers citrus type scents like lemon or lime, but I'm keen to find out what else is really nice.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Peppermint and orange is quite nice and uplifting. What brand oils are you currently using? I’m loving DoTerra at the moment, their quality is amazing. I’ve used hundreds of brands of oils and these are by far the best.
    You can also get a modern essentials app which can help you decide what oils to use for your moods.
    If you have any questions on oils I’m happy to help, they can be a bit confusing at times.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to hopefull29 For This Useful Post:

Mod-Degrassi  (25-11-2017)

SuperGranny is offline Worlds best grandma! Winner 2012 - Most Helpful Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    wild orange is my favourite, but i will put any oil in the diffuser that takes my fancy at the moment. I mostly use the citrus ones. marie.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to SuperGranny For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I like lemongrass, it's so fresh and lovely.

Orange (DoTerra's is amazing) and you can use it in baking too.

Mandarin is lovely as well, I love lemon, but not in a diffuser, but as I said above, lemongrass is so lovely.

Bummer your DH isn't a fan of lavender, I so love lavender (as did Prince ) but my dh literally gags (I'm not kidding) if there is ever any vanilla, or Christmas inspired vanilla scents in the house!

Cranberry and pine are Christmasy, he tolerates those lol.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Mod-Uniquey For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by hopefull29 View Post
    Peppermint and orange is quite nice and uplifting. What brand oils are you currently using? I’m loving DoTerra at the moment, their quality is amazing. I’ve used hundreds of brands of oils and these are by far the best.
    You can also get a modern essentials app which can help you decide what oils to use for your moods.
    If you have any questions on oils I’m happy to help, they can be a bit confusing at times.
    The oils I have are the Now brand (purchased online from iHerb). Most are pretty good but the lemongrass has a strange note in it that doesn’t seem right (which is a shame as I love lemongrass).

Everyone seems to rave about DoTerra so I’ll buy their oils from now on. I started this thread almost a year ago and I don’t use my diffuser super often, but it is good to have when the house needs a bit of freshening

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mod-Degrassi View Post
    The oils I have are the Now brand (purchased online from iHerb). Most are pretty good but the lemongrass has a strange note in it that doesn’t seem right (which is a shame as I love lemongrass).

Everyone seems to rave about DoTerra so I’ll buy their oils from now on. I started this thread almost a year ago and I don’t use my diffuser super often, but it is good to have when the house needs a bit of freshening
    Haha I didn’t even look at the date! Funny it came up in new posts. Lol. You’ll love DoTerra! I was so skeptical for a long time as I was not interested in the whole pyramid scheme rubbish but after buying so many poor quality oils I bit the bullet and decided I’ve got nothing to lose by trying them. I’ll never go to another brand now, the quality is just amazing. Young living are another brand to look at too, I’m yet to try them but I believe very similar to DoTerra.
    I just got purify this week and I’m loving the fresh scent it’s giving.

Also not just saying this to try get you to sign on, I’m just really happy with the oils, not into the business side of it at all!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I didn't realise this was an old thread either! Must have been bumped up by a spammer.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Mod-Uniquey For This Useful Post:

hopefull29  (26-11-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Mod-Uniquey View Post
    I didn't realise this was an old thread either! Must have been bumped up by a spammer.
    It was!