+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Radiographer Etiquette - Am I needlessly worrying?

Hi there,

I am new here. I am pregnant with bub 3. Yesterday I had a dating scan and it was confirmed the baby is 6 week 1day LMP. Nice strong little heartbeat. Anyway, all seemed well until the radiographer seemed to find some anomaly on the scan. I am speculating as this is just what I picked up from his behaviour. Anyway he seemed interested in this black circle thing...He said to the lady in the room...The "Chaperone" in the room as it was internal vaginal ultrasound. "I can't connect where this is coming from". She just murmurs in response. Then he says "it's not retracting" Anyway he seemed to spend sometime on it and used the colour doppler thingy and was telling me to take deep breaths etc. Anyway, at the end he just says you will need to see your dr for results. Now I am really worried. I don't think they understand how much they freak us out by their incomprehensible lingo. Fortunately I have dr appointment today so the wait is not too long. But I am worried now that there is something wrong. Hopefully it will all be okay. I wish they would be more sensitive with what they say.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Radiographer Etiquette - Am I needlessly worrying?

Last edited by Mum-I-Am; 29-12-2016 at 15:28. Reason: .

Thanks
    Reviews
    If your baby is only 6 weeks he can't be seeing too much wrong with it. Maybe a second sac that hasn't developed and he's trying to see what it is. Or maybe a small amount of blood in there.

Panic if they find something unusual at the later scans, these ones can only tell you how big, how many, and if there's a heart beat.

Thanks
    Reviews
    For what it's worth I've had far far too many internal ultrasounds (many IVF rounds) and I've never had a chaperone. I suspect he was either in training or on probation

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Wise Enough For This Useful Post:

Mama Mirabelle  (29-12-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wise Enough...Funny that you say that it might be second sac as I have been feeling twins this whole time. As I've had pain on both sides and High hcg levels too, which is why I had the scan in the first place as the dr was saying my dates were wrong and I was further along, which I knew I was correct. Hmmm time will tell.

Hi Mummy Maybe..thank you for clarifying that for me. I didn't know there were different levels of training with the radiographers. I thought they were all pretty much the same but that makes sense now, that there are doctors and sonographers. Is there anyway to tell if you are seeing a dr or a sonographer?

Regards

Thanks
    Reviews
    I found if I went on a general imaging place it wasn't a doctor. But the Women's Ultrasound places have always been a doctor.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Wise Enough View Post
    For what it's worth I've had far far too many internal ultrasounds (many IVF rounds) and I've never had a chaperone. I suspect he was either in training or on probation
    Our imaging centre always has a chaperone when vaginal scans are conducted.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to amyd For This Useful Post:

mckel  (29-12-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by amyd View Post
    Our imaging centre always has a chaperone when vaginal scans are conducted.
    Same here

Thanks
    Reviews
    What did the doctor say?

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Results are back

hi there,

Well I got the results which has left me probably more confused in a way.

The report says there is left sided corpus luteum cyst, a right sided pedunculated cyst and what appears to be a thin walled cyst in the pouch of douglas...appearance thought to reflect a para-adnexal cyst.

Of course I have no idea what this all means but the Dr didn't seem too worried. Course of action seems to be to just watch and wait. So really I don't feel very informed at all. It's frustrating.