+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by frankie46 View Post
    Subbing.

Also keen on recommendations for texture and volume that don't make your hair look sticky I have thick but fine hair that just 'hangs'!
    Try Kevin Murphy or Eleven products. Eleven is specially made for the Australian climate and they do a give me volume range which is awesome! They also do a texture powder which doesn't leave your hair feeling chalky like a lot of others.

Kevin Murphy does a resort range which gives beach hair without the yuck feeling too also smells amazing.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Anjalee For This Useful Post:

frankie46  (29-12-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I alternate between shampoos and conditioners so my hair doesn't get used to any particular product.

Here are my favourite products for dry and chemically treated hair:

Alterna 'Caviar Anti-Aging' replenishing moisture shampoo.
    Love this one, it's free of sulfates, parabens etc and it restores moisture.

Keratase Resistence, this one gives a good work out from hair structures out.

Wella SP shampoo and mask.

In the past have used Redken 'Smooth down with macadamia oil' and Joico, again, Joico doesn't have sulfates etc.

I cannot speak highly enough of Alterna's 'Rapid Repair Spray' this stuff is the bomb! Smells divine (always important ) and makes your hair silky soft especially if using a lot of heating and chemicals. A little goes a long way, so I tend to just spray the ends of my hair.

Another I love is the Wella 'Luxe Oil' which is a reconstructive elixer. A little goes a long way, just one pump into your hands and rub all over your hair. I use it before I use the GHD or after a shampoo. Another one that smells divine. I need to buy another as I've just run out!

And lastly, this little product is another of my favourites, Richard Ward's 'Chelsea Collection Anti-aging Argan Elixer'. This one is a small bottle, and not overly cheap, but it does do a great job of de-frizzing and smoothing.
    Richard Ward is the hairdresser of Kate Middleton, which is probably why it's expensive to buy here.

All of the above are great for heat styled, dry and bleached hair, but also for keeping non-treated hair smooth and silky from the inner hair structures out, not just the outside.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Mod-Uniquey View Post
    I alternate between shampoos and conditioners so my hair doesn't get used to any particular product.

Here are my favourite products for dry and chemically treated hair:

Alterna 'Caviar Anti-Aging' replenishing moisture shampoo.
    Love this one, it's free of sulfates, parabens etc and it restores moisture.

Keratase Resistence, this one gives a good work out from hair structures out.

Wella SP shampoo and mask.

In the past have used Redken 'Smooth down with macadamia oil' and Joico, again, Joico doesn't have sulfates etc.

I cannot speak highly enough of Alterna's 'Rapid Repair Spray' this stuff is the bomb! Smells divine (always important ) and makes your hair silky soft especially if using a lot of heating and chemicals. A little goes a long way, so I tend to just spray the ends of my hair.

Another I love is the Wella 'Luxe Oil' which is a reconstructive elixer. A little goes a long way, just one pump into your hands and rub all over your hair. I use it before I use the GHD or after a shampoo. Another one that smells divine. I need to buy another as I've just run out!

And lastly, this little product is another of my favourites, Richard Ward's 'Chelsea Collection Anti-aging Argan Elixer'. This one is a small bottle, and not overly cheap, but it does do a great job of de-frizzing and smoothing.
    Richard Ward is the hairdresser of Kate Middleton, which is probably why it's expensive to buy here.

All of the above are great for heat styled, dry and bleached hair, but also for keeping non-treated hair smooth and silky from the inner hair structures out, not just the outside.
    My daughter uses the Luxe oil and I have used it a couple of times which is a big factor in letting the lady at hairhouse warehouse talk me into spending so much on products . It feel wonderful in my hair

6. The Following User Says Thank You to loodle For This Useful Post:

Mod-Uniquey  (29-12-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Butterfly Baby View Post
    Pantene do wonderful oil treatments.

I use them once a week.

If you can wash your hair once a week and don't put product in it except treatment.

I have been doing this for the last month ...to my surprise hair is not greasy and a lot healthier.

Revlon..shampoo and conditioner is very good and nourishing...you can get it from chemists.
    I have been told by so many hairdressers that Pantene is one of the worst products for your hair which sucks because before I would buy salon products it's what I used and I really liked it

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by loodle View Post
    I have been told by so many hairdressers that Pantene is one of the worst products for your hair which sucks because before I would buy salon products it's what I used and I really liked it
    Yes, hairdressers can tell if you use Pantene on your hair as it leaves a silicon coating on hair, and unfortunately the 'silky/sheen' look is what attracts people to it, but it's not good stuff.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Mod-Uniquey For This Useful Post:

atomicmama  (29-12-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    My hair feels so much better today after doing a treatment with the Make brand last night, definitely less straw like and softer I also don't look like I have stuck my finger in a power point

TheGooch is offline Winner 2014 - Newbie of the Year
    Winner 2016 BubHubs DIVA Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I'm still hunting for great products. But I can NOT recommend some products!
    I'll never touch another Aesops Haircare product after their shampoo and conditioner left my hair feeling like straw.
    I also don't love Keune products - which are what my hairdresser uses.
    I used to use Redken but stopped loving it after I had my DS and my hair changed. Less oily and more dry.

I'd love recommendations for moisturising, but not heavy, products.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    @Mod-Uniquey because it's all about the scent, the CPR intensive treatment that I posted earlier smells absolutely delicious! It's a mix between blueberries and bubblegum. The scent sticks around for a few washes too.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Mod-Uniquey View Post
    Yes, hairdressers can tell if you use Pantene on your hair as it leaves a silicon coating on hair, and unfortunately the 'silky/sheen' look is what attracts people to it, but it's not good stuff.
    As well as Sunsilk or Tresemmè and a bunch of others.
    I had to wash my hair and was staying somewhere, but forgot my shampoo and conditioner. I used the Sunsilk in their shower and my hair was a slimy mess 😵