ADVERTISEMENT

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I would like to think I would but it would be a long time after the event...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh also, no I'm not religious.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    No. I can definitely say I wouldn't forgive in that circumstance. I am, in most circumstances, a very forgiving person. I'm the person who 100% forgives ex boyfriends and my ex husband for anything they did to me etc, I think holding on to grudges or hatred is sad and ruins your life, not theirs.

But. A drunk driver killed my cousin when we were both 18. He was my best friend and I have never forgiven her. The best I could do was ask everyone who knew her to never point her out to me or tell me where she lived, so I wouldn't kill her myself. (And to make it worse, this was no one off accident, she got 10 hours community service from a judge who said it was a fair 'sentence' because 'it's not like you deliberately set out to kill people'. She also caused the death of an unborn child of someone else in the car and was caught drink driving again 3 weeks later.)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 29/5/15Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by HillDweller View Post
    No. I can definitely say I wouldn't forgive in that circumstance. I am, in most circumstances, a very forgiving person. I'm the person who 100% forgives ex boyfriends and my ex husband for anything they did to me etc, I think holding on to grudges or hatred is sad and ruins your life, not theirs.

But. A drunk driver killed my cousin when we were both 18. He was my best friend and I have never forgiven her. The best I could do was ask everyone who knew her to never point her out to me or tell me where she lived, so I wouldn't kill her myself. (And to make it worse, this was no one off accident, she got 10 hours community service from a judge who said it was a fair 'sentence' because 'it's not like you deliberately set out to kill people'. She also caused the death of an unborn child of someone else in the car and was caught drink driving again 3 weeks later.)
    Omg... Community service for what I'd consider manslaughter!! That's just shocking! Sorry for your loss xx

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mamasupial For This Useful Post:

babyno1onboard  (29-12-2016),HillDweller  (29-12-2016),Renn  (29-12-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamasupial View Post
    Omg... Community service for what I'd consider manslaughter!! That's just shocking! Sorry for your loss xx
    It was pretty awful. His parents had to sit there in the courtroom, after reading their impact statements, and hear the judge hand that down. It just wasn't right at all. Thank you xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    No

Thanks
    Reviews
    No I couldn't forgive

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 29/5/15Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by babyno1onboard View Post
    I'd like to add here that the driver is yet to be charged and news articles say that he was under the influence of alcohol but none (that I have read) have said he was over the limit. I will hold judgment until further information is known.
    He has now been charged.