+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by JJZK View Post
    I would forgive, absolutely.
    I couldn't waste the rest of my life holding on to all that negativity.
    This +50.
    It might not be straight away but eventually I know I would to move past it, and not keep on holding onto such negative stuff like @JJZK says.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    No way. Having lost a sibling 30 yrs ago in an accident of different circumstances I have watched my parents suffer and never have they gotten over his death

3. The Following User Says Thank You to babybeeno1 For This Useful Post:

Full House  (29-12-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I wouldn't forgive. But I don't think forgiving is the only way to "let go of anger". I don't think they are mutually exclusive.

I don't forgive my parents for what they put me through, but I'm not holding on to it either. I don't feel negatively about it anymore, nor do I think about it all that often. But I absolutely do not forgive them them.

I feel like it would be the same. I wouldn't forgive, but I wouldn't hold onto the anger. I would use the emotions for something more positive, like remembering my child.

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ahalfdozen For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (28-12-2016),JR03  (28-12-2016),MrsTugs  (28-12-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I don't think I could. I don't forgive easily in general.
    I don't think I could forgive someone for killing one of my babies. For me it would feel like it wouldn't honour their memory properly. Like I've let the person who hurt them off Scott free, I guess. I would honestly make their lives as miserable as humanly possible, and I'd do it with a smile.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 20/8/15100 Posts in a week - week ended 13/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 6/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 30/7/15
    I totally agree @Ahalfdozen

Forgiveness is optional to me & you don't need to do it in order to find resolution within a situation/issue IMO.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 29/5/15Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by babyno1onboard View Post
    I'd like to add here that the driver is yet to be charged and news articles say that he was under the influence of alcohol but none (that I have read) have said he was over the limit. I will hold judgment until further information is known.
    I read he was 3 times over the limit. I have also heard from one of the family members that he was indeed under the influence.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I wouldn't need to forgive, I would need to drag my husband to another country before I lost him too, by being thrown in jail for murder....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGooch View Post
    I wish I could say I could forgive.
    Not because it's ok to be a drunk driver and run over my child, but because I'd hate to be eaten up with hatred for the rest of my life.
    But I'm not sure i could do it.
    Knowing someone whose daughter was killed in a mva I think in the long run I would have to do this also. As I wouldnt be able to function.

That isnt me saying that I think it was right what that person did but more of a survival mechanism to put one foot forward each day and learn how to live without my child

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think acceptance is different to forgiveness. I don't think forgiveness is essential but acceptance is so you can get up each day and not have it completely consume you forever.
    I would not forgive someone if this happened to me. But eventually I guess I would somehow accept it and come to terms with it. Never get over it though.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes I would. The only person who suffers by not forgiving is the victim (or the victims family, depending on the situation).

My cousin's wife grew up without her parents. They were killed by a drunk driver. She said she forgave the driver when she was about 18 and it literally set her free from the pain, bitterness and anger she had harnessed throughout her whole childhood. Powerful stuff.