ADVERTISEMENT

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I have no issues with makeup in general BUT I don't personally like it if the child has not asked for it or does not consent.

DS asks for nail polish/makeup sometimes. We go through what each thing does and he says yes or no (we do not do mascara at all though).

If a child was asleep/not aware then I don't like that there is no consent from the child.

As for chemicals - makeup is generally safe to use. The only things I would worry about is some pigments cause allergic reactions so I would steer clear of some of those colours (this is on the eyes).

As for removing makeup - you can use oil and/or gentle soaps.

Most makeup comes off with soap. Any waterproof/smudgeproof makeup can be removed with oil (olive or coconut are what is generally used)

2. The Following User Says Thank You to twinklify For This Useful Post:

A-Squared  (28-12-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/4/15100 Posts in a week
    It's been picked up by an Instagram Account called @Beautyandhairdiaries.

The person who posted it was @tailormadejane.

Anyone can have a look at those accounts by doing a search on Instagram or just google.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Is it the account of somebody who gives make up lessons? Although it's a bit crass practicing on a baby, my first thought is it I just somebody doing a make up tutorial. You're right about the chemicals but other than that I'm a bit 'meh' about it.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to HollyGolightly81 For This Useful Post:

A-Squared  (28-12-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Quote Originally Posted by HollyGolightly81 View Post
    Is it the account of somebody who gives make up lessons? Although it's a bit crass practicing on a baby, my first thought is it I just somebody doing a make up tutorial. You're right about the chemicals but other than that I'm a bit 'meh' about it.
    Her business is make up yes. I just think she needs to stick to putting it on adults. Crass is also a good word to use, it's just not necessary.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Out of curiosity, do people find these images just as horrifying?
    IMG_1482910408.302713.jpgIMG_1482910416.254541.jpg

8. The Following User Says Thank You to babyno1onboard For This Useful Post:

HollyGolightly81  (28-12-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by A-Squared View Post
    Her business is make up yes. I just think she needs to stick to putting it on adults. Crass is also a good word to use, it's just not necessary.
    TRIGGER....

I read the most horrible news story the other day of a 5 month old dying because her parents had overdosed and died and nobody discovered anything was wrong for a week. I just think stories like that (the current heroine epidemic), on top of things like Aleppo, should be getting much more attention, as upsetting and horrifying that they are to focus on, rather than stuff like this. Like I said, crass but 'meh' otherwise.

Not having a go at you for even starting the thread, just something on my mind lately.

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to HollyGolightly81 For This Useful Post:

1CrazyMoose  (29-12-2016),A-Squared  (28-12-2016),Mama Mirabelle  (28-12-2016),Mod-DJ Nette  (28-12-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Quote Originally Posted by HollyGolightly81 View Post
    TRIGGER....

I read the most horrible news story the other day of a 5 month old dying because her parents had overdosed and died and nobody discovered anything was wrong for a week. I just think stories like that (the current heroine epidemic), on top of things like Aleppo, should be getting much more attention, as upsetting and horrifying that they are to focus on, rather than stuff like this. Like I said, crass but 'meh' otherwise.

Not having a go at you for even starting the thread, just something on my mind lately.
    Wholeheartedly agree. No one has started those threads though. Also you would be hard pressed to find anyone who wouldn't be upset and horrified at things like that story or what's happening in Aleppo, so I guess those threads would be short lived and we would be talking about topics that are really downright depressing.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Quote Originally Posted by babyno1onboard View Post
    Out of curiosity, do people find these images just as horrifying?
    Attachment 87467Attachment 87468
    I find the first one in poor taste and the second a bit mean really.

Not horrifying though. I think I actually find the fact the baby was asleep the part that disturbs me the most. That and that I still don't think it's okay to put an product made for adults on a baby's eyelids, it's just too harsh on sensitive skin.

I once had an eyeshadow that started burning my eyelids when I wore it on a hot day. It was a slightly shimmery eyeshadow and boy did it hurt! I'd never risk putting such a product on my child's eyelids.

The face paint image above isn't great either but it's away from her delicate eye area.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by A-Squared View Post
    I find the first one in poor taste and the second a bit mean really.

Not horrifying though. I think I actually find the fact the baby was asleep the part that disturbs me the most. That and that I still don't think it's okay to put an product made for adults on a baby's eyelids, it's just too harsh on sensitive skin.

I once had an eyeshadow that started burning my eyelids when I wore it on a hot day. It was a slightly shimmery eyeshadow and boy did it hurt! I'd never risk putting such a product on my child's eyelids.

The face paint image above isn't great either but it's away from her delicate eye area.
    Fair enough RE: the eyeshadow

What do you find mean about the baby in the costume?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Quote Originally Posted by babyno1onboard View Post
    Fair enough RE: the eyeshadow

What do you find mean about the baby in the costume?
    It just seems like adults have done it for their own enjoyment and not the child's. It's a bit humiliating.

How do people think about this video clip.... https://m.youtube.com/#/channel/UCi2...xFicpZ2C2EJTmA

As background, this mum features her 5 year old in A LOT of her videos.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to A-Squared For This Useful Post:

babyno1onboard  (28-12-2016)