+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    This house is the 3rd rental now we have been in. Brand new...1st occupants amd way too big. We have 4 bedrooms and a rumpus room but small backyard. First time i haven't felt settled or attached to a house. Won't miss it when we leave to hopefully buy a house. Miss the last rental we lived in felt like home..had that really cozy feeling.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to ProudMumma34 For This Useful Post:

Frankenmum  (28-12-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Pcos30 View Post
    My house doesn't feel like home. It hasn't for a long time. I bought the place when i was with the ex and even though i'm now in a much happier relationship it sucks that all my good memories of DF and DSS are being made in this house that i hate. Its too small, there's not enough space or storage. The bathroom is terrible. I would kill for a separate toilet or an ensuite. There's so many things wrong with the house that i just simply can't afford to fix. And unfortunately i can't afford to move anywhere else - I'm very lucky to have bought when real estate was very cheap in my area and as such my mortgage is 1/3 of what others are.
    I could have written this! It's tough isn't it! Fingers crossed the longer you are there the good memories will start to erase the bad x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Even though this place is more run-down than anywhere I have been in, it feels much more like a home than our last place.
    It has a massive backyard that the kids and I take great enjoyment in.
    And our old place was where H lived with ex-girlfriends, so never felt like home to me.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to DT75 For This Useful Post:

Frankenmum  (29-12-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    We are in our 3rd rental and have been here for a little over 4 years. It always felt homey until recently. We loved the place, and I still do really, but there's pretty much no maintenance been done by the owners and things are starting to become run down.
    I've been wanting to move for the last 6 months or so but we are trying to build so hopefully will be in our own place within a year, if everything goes to plan.
    So I think because we are ready to take the next step, being home owners, we are becoming less attached to this place.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Niki24 For This Useful Post:

Frankenmum  (29-12-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I definitely need to get a good vibe from a house or I just feel miserable. When I was looking for this house I had a few others on my list and I kept going back to inspect them over and over... then this one came up, and I walked in and just knew straight away. I remember having a bit of a panic about it the week before I was due to move, because I had never lived in a two story house before, and I started worrying I would hate the stairs and get sick of walking up and down constantly, but I just love it (and the stairs are like forced exercise so I'm grateful for them too!) It's not the biggest house I've lived in or the newest, but it's just perfect, and I think we will be here for a while.

I have had houses in the past that just didn't feel right, and I just never felt happy while I was in them. I hope your place grows on you.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to chameleon For This Useful Post:

Frankenmum  (31-12-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I love my house, and have from the day I saw it. I feel we are so lucky to live here. It's on acreage, big backyard and play area for the kids, lots of beautiful shady trees and bush on 2 boundaries. It's a big house with lots of space, storage, big verandah, and a fantastic view. It's more than comfortable and I just love coming home to it. We've been here 4 years, and I'd be devastated if we had to move before we were ready! We want to buy a rural property and are probably 2-3 years away from being able to do that, so I hope nothing changes for the owners that has them selling!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Californication For This Useful Post:

Frankenmum  (31-12-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Our house feels like home. It's nothing flash but it's perfect for us. We have been here for nearly 9 years. We moved from a cottage style house that we absolutely loved (so impractical though - we bought it on a whim before kids when we should have thought ahead a bit!). We had a contract on another house that fell through and in hindsight I'm glad. It was bigger than this one but needed work and the feel wasn't as 'right'. When we looked at this house it was a rental and there was stuff everywhere. I mean everywhere, piles of cr@p up against every wall. The backyard was an absolute jungle. The place was also full of ugly feature walls. Despite this we knew it was the house for us.

In 9 years we've painted out the ugly walls, ripped up the manky carpet in the lounge room and put down vinyl wood panels, extended the deck, revamped the kitchen, restyled the backyard completely, built a fort and playground for the kids, pulled it down again once they grew and biggest of all, put a pool in our front yard as owner builders. I guess the fact that all the changes we've made to the house (except the kitchen) have been made with our bare hands contributes to the good vibe we feel here.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to teenie For This Useful Post:

Frankenmum  (31-12-2016)