+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by witherwings View Post
    @Frankenmum I know what you mean about the soulless 80s architecture. It has got to be the worst decade for everything except maybe music and obviously awesome people were born in the 80s, like myself
    Haha, exactly! I really do think the architecture of a place can have an effect on your mood. I thought maybe the 'bleh' vibe of this place would change once our stuff was in here, but sadly not.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Week ended 24/7/2014100 Posts in a week
    A few months before XH and I got married, our lease was up and we decided to move closer to my job. I was working full time and XH was "between jobs" so he did the house hunting. I didn't see the inside of the house until we got the keys. As soon as we walked in, I felt dread. It wasn't a bad house, it has everything we needed, but it just felt really off. Very negative and a bit scary. I never encountered anything paranormal but the feeling was there. Our neighbours were also really nasty from the day we moved in. We ended up breaking the lease early as there was no way I was bringing a baby into that place.

I always insisted on choosing our houses after that. Even now when I drive past, I feel sick.

The house I live in now was my Granny's so I've know it all my life. It is very run down but it's home. At least until I win the lotto and build my dream home lol.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to HearMeRoar For This Useful Post:

Frankenmum  (28-12-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    When we bought our house, it didn't feel like home because there was a lot about it I didn't like but mostly the wall colours, flooring and window coverings. We bought it for the location and size. We've been there for 2.5 years and changed all of that and it feels really homely now. I think the biggest thing for me was replacing the carpet, I just felt gross that someone else's filth could potentially be in that carpet.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to JR03 For This Useful Post:

Frankenmum  (28-12-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Renting but no as it is old and run-down.
    I rented a place in Randwick that was 'mine' in that sense though. Miss it so much

7. The Following User Says Thank You to DT75 For This Useful Post:

Frankenmum  (28-12-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    On a spiritual level, the house you are in might just need more of your own energy in it, give it time to settle. If it's your belief, try smudging the whole place with white sage, driving out the old energy and any negativity with it and bringing in your own positive energy, intentions etc.
    the house im in now felt weird at first but now it feels accepting and homely. I know the complete history of the place as it's been in dps family for a few generations, and I think that energy was all still there so I felt like an intruder.. but now I feel like I've been accepted as 'one of the family' as crazy as that might sound!
    One house I rented a few years ago never felt right, from day one. I remember when looking through the place and speaking to the agent there that I was willing to take it, another person looking through the place said "good luck" obviously they sensed something there that at the time I didn't until moving in. I lasted 8 months there before breaking lease. The place made me anxious, and dd was having bad night terrors every week there, they stopped as soon as we moved and haven't happened ever since.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Sairz For This Useful Post:

Frankenmum  (28-12-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I know what you mean @HearMeRoar - that happened to me in a rental too - just in one room - the bedroom and I had to sleep with a night light on. Loved the rest of the place and had good time there. That was home for 15 months.

Five years ago we bought an old house - Californian Bungalow. Needs a lot of work and we had to replace floorboards and ****ty boring stuff, which sort of burnt through our decorating budget. So while it desperately needs a paint job, a new bathroom, it's charming.

Not a lot of storage so need to learn how to declutter properly!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Phia For This Useful Post:

Frankenmum  (28-12-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Luckily the house doesn't have a creepy vibe, just no vibe at all... maybe because it was a holiday house for the best part of the decade before we moved in it just doesn't have an energy to it, it wasn't anyone's 'home'?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Frankenmum View Post
    Luckily the house doesn't have a creepy vibe, just no vibe at all... maybe because it was a holiday house for the best part of the decade before we moved in it just doesn't have an energy to it, it wasn't anyone's 'home'?
    I am by no means a 'hippy' but I am into numerology and I've also completed a few 'cleanses' on houses.

Look up your numerology of your house and it can help with where to place things for good energy.

A cleanse can also get rid of old energy, so if it was a holiday house, it may feel quite transient which will prevent you from feeling settled.

To cleanse you clean walls and mop floors with hot water mixed with lavender and lemon essential oils, tip the water out in the gutter on the street.
    And then you can burn either white sage or frankincense in each room of the home, this brings in your new energy.

It sounds like hocus pocus, but no one of my friends or family (or myself) felt at ease in my old place with my xh
    After we split I moved into a rental and did this cleanse and every single one of my friends and family would walk in and say that it felt homey and was so nice!
    When I moved in with dp, we did the cleanse here too. And the same thing happened!!

(You can google energy cleanses for more info!)

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to clb84 For This Useful Post:

Frankenmum  (28-12-2016),Phia  (29-12-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    My house although it feels safe and secure like a house should it's lacking soul. We didn't buy it as a forever house so that's ok but it's not " the one". we get alot of compliments on it having done several big renovations but they are mostly to add money value. I cant wait to find my home one day 😅

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Lil Rue For This Useful Post:

Frankenmum  (28-12-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    My house doesn't feel like home. It hasn't for a long time. I bought the place when i was with the ex and even though i'm now in a much happier relationship it sucks that all my good memories of DF and DSS are being made in this house that i hate. Its too small, there's not enough space or storage. The bathroom is terrible. I would kill for a separate toilet or an ensuite. There's so many things wrong with the house that i just simply can't afford to fix. And unfortunately i can't afford to move anywhere else - I'm very lucky to have bought when real estate was very cheap in my area and as such my mortgage is 1/3 of what others are.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Pcos30 For This Useful Post:

Frankenmum  (28-12-2016)