+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I love ritzy hotels, I love gorgeous sheets and room service BUT I love camping as well. I find what makes it better is being Uber prepared with eveything you might need, some great food and a decent air mattress or swag to sleep on. Im one of those types that likes to drive right up to the campsite though, not pack a bag and treck. Camping can be heaps of fun, especially with kids.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts

Default Camping

Not a huge fan. Last time I went was 2010 and I don't care if I never do it again. It's part of the reason we moved to a farm, it's like camping every day except we have the convenience of our house here....no need to 'escape' when we walk out the door to the wide open space and beautiful scenery.
    This is why I no longer need to camp:
    IMG_1482793692.190163.jpg

If we end up going anywhere far from home I'd rather stay in cabins or a hotel, or at least motel.
    Last edited by Hollywood; 27-12-2016 at 10:08.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Love your backyard Hollywood

Thanks
    Reviews
    I would never compare camping to living on a farm...obviously people expect different things out of camping. Or else I am firmly in the glamping category 😂

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Full House View Post
    I would never compare camping to living on a farm...obviously people expect different things out of camping. Or else I am firmly in the glamping category
    It's not so much comparing camping to living on a farm, more about how when you live on a 600sqm block in the city, there can be more of a desire to escape to the great outdoors. We have created a lifestyle that we don't feel a need to escape from IYKWIM. I liked the idea of camping more when I lived in Melbourne, but now that we're on a farm I'm not so keen. Besides, we don't have any camping gear. We'd rather book a little holiday cabin if we go somewhere far away, then all we have to pack is clothes and sports gear.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Hollywood View Post
    It's not so much comparing camping to living on a farm, more about how when you live on a 600sqm block in the city, there can be more of a desire to escape to the great outdoors. We have created a lifestyle that we don't feel a need to escape from IYKWIM. I liked the idea of camping more when I lived in Melbourne, but now that we're on a farm I'm not so keen. Besides, we don't have any camping gear. We'd rather book a little holiday cabin if we go somewhere far away, then all we have to pack is clothes and sports gear.
    Fair enough. We live sea side, and glamp sea side. For us camping isn't so much about 'being in the great outdoors' as it is as a great way to explore our fabulous country. I do understand that living in a major city the desire to escape would hit you harder. Thanks for clarifying

TheGooch is offline Winner 2014 - Newbie of the Year
    Winner 2016 BubHubs DIVA Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I don't love camping to be honest. I've been a few times from bare minimum camping in a tent with dodgy air mattresses and not much else, to staying in a caravan with toilets and showers about 20m from our site.
    I've decided that I'm a hotel/resort person, not a camping person.
    But I think it's probably the kind of thing you need to try to really know.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I don't mind camping.... so long as it's actually glamping, and we go with mum and my step dad who have everything, including a water heater and shower, and a generator for the few powered items we take.
    Best off trying it with someone who has everything you need first, then deciding if you'd like to do it again. Camping gear can get expensive.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've ever camped and never will! Slumming it in a three star motel is as close to camping as I will ever come!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I loved camping as a kid, not so much as an adult. My DH loves it and wants to take us all... I do have sone great memories amd want my kids to experience it. We are currently in the market for a camper trailer (any recommendations?)