+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

Default Crappy Christmas' united

As I wrote in another thread previously, my Mum is not speaking to me, and still isn't, in fact doesn't know what Dh, the kids and I are up to tomorrow. It breaks my heart for the kids whom absolutely adore my parents, but it is what it is.

Lot's of love and hugs to you all and supportive vibes, I hope tomorrow is peaceful and brings you joy and not sorrow. Xx

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Mod-Uniquey For This Useful Post:

Mason98  (24-12-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Sometimes family can be really sucky! I hope you all managed to have a good day regardless!
    My brother started a fight at his in laws yesterday which somehow is my problem. He spent Christmas at home alone while his partner and daughter went to their inlaws. I then copped the brunt of it with abusive messages and phone calls, oh yep because I was even there for it lol... ah well my daughters had a great day even if it was spent watching movies due to the rain.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Got to PILs at 9.30am, and though we had told them we would be there at 10am (have a 10 month old and wanted xmas morning to ourselves as we usually get there at 7.30am) we were "late".
    MIL went on and on and on about it. I snapped and said, "enough mum. If it is so hard for you to understand that we need to come later with a baby, we won't come at all." Then she told H I said that I was cancelling all future Christmases. He knew she was exaggerating but didn't say anything.
    FIL spent the day repeating "we want food" or "we want dessert" like a bloody child.
    BILs daughter is stereotypical only child, and spent most of the day crying or whinging.
    DSS and DSD were just horrid. Not over-excited woohoo xmas horrid... just horrid- no manners, absolute refusal for everything.

To top it all DD slept no more than 12 mins all day after a 4 hour night...

I am beyond wrecked.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    It wasn't a bad Christmas, but deserves a vent. Probably a petty one, but a vent all the same. Told ILs that we would be over around 11-12 as I wanted to Skype with my family in the morning and watch my nephew unwrap his presents. Same thing we've done for the last 3 years. So we got there just after 12 as traffic was horrible on the freeway. Surprisingly they hadn't unwrapped any presents, MIL had sent DH a text asking if they had to wait for us. Obviously he managed to convey the right tone in his reply that she listened haha. Anyway we got there, I quickly put the dip/crackers/cheese platters etc. together and we sat down to unwrap presents at around 12:30. MIL then announced that because they'd been snacking all morning "while waiting for us" that lunch wouldn't be served until around 4. So in the meantime I ate my way through about 4 carrots worth of carrot sticks and an entire tub of French onion dip single handedly. I also managed a couple of Jatz and a piece of cheese. I'd also made a Pavlova for dessert. Went out to the kitchen to put it together and MIL followed with her iPad and Pinterest open. I don't know how many times DH and I have said we don't want knitted things for the baby, but she just doesn't listen. My Nanna is already making us a blanket, plus I have the one my Nanna knitted for my sister and I have a rainbow crochet blanket too. Not to mention all the baby cardigans/jumpers I have from when I was a baby plus the hand me downs I'll get from my aunty. Anyway, off topic. I was physically and verbally backed into a corner about it because she just wouldn't take no for an answer. *Hopefully* she got the point. Then as I was putting the cut up strawberries on the Pavlova, she takes the knife off me and takes over cutting up the kiwi and passion fruit so then I have to wait for her to finish so I can keep going. She just has to micromanage everyone. She wouldn't even let FIL cut his own slice of Pavlova. Like she physically took the cake cutter thing off him. I also got to hear her birth stories for DH and BIL just after lunch/dinner. Couldn't escape. DH heard and looked at me and rolled his eyes, but didn't rescue me either. I did manage to sneak in to the conversation how upset I'd be if I ended up in ICU post baby and other people had held the baby/taken photos etc before I got to - and she agreed with me haha. Hopefully she remembers that when it's time for me to have my baby.