+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    This will be the third Xmas without my sister, there's an emptiness I can't explain, especially on Xmas and I know my nephews will be wishing she was here

2. The Following User Says Thank You to SummerFun For This Useful Post:

makingbabythree  (24-12-2016)

AdornedWithCats is online now Winner 2013 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Winner 2014 - Best Username

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 12/6/15Funniest Caption400 Posts in a week300 posts in a week
    I know my Christmas will be a lot better than other people in this thread who have no one to spend it with or people who are missed.

But I've realised how hot and boring it will be for ds at the grandparents place tomorrow. He will be the only kid there and no AC is going to send us all crazy. I think next year we are going to break with tradition and do our own thing.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to AdornedWithCats For This Useful Post:

KitiK  (26-12-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Somehow it never really seems special like it did when I was a kid. I don't know why, I don't know what I do wrong but the build up is just a bit blah. We have all these family functions and I just want to check out from them all, I feel disconnected from the celebrations, like it's not really about the kids but the adults. I can't really explain it properly but I'd happily skip it.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ICanDream For This Useful Post:

HearMeRoar  (24-12-2016),smallpotatoes  (25-12-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Crappy Christmas here - First Christmas since my only parent, my Dad, passed away. First Christmas since my beloved granddaughter passed away. It just doesn't feel like Christmas, but I am making an effort for my smaller kidlets 🎁
    Upside is no IL's this year. I just couldn't cope.
    I cannot wait to see the end of 2016. It has almost broken me 😭

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Cicho For This Useful Post:

Mason98  (24-12-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Well!!
    This Christmas was going to be a bit of a crappy one on the count of my family being overseas and no hearing.
    But Santa brought be an early surprise yesterday, I have one functional Cochlear processor until I can get my own a bit after new year!

I'm not long home, I have been at my friend and her families house, it's been a great day and another big one with them tomorrow! @Cicho I can't agree more 2016 can eat a bag of dic*s. Lets hope 2017 is an awesome year for us all.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mason98 For This Useful Post:

babyno1onboard  (24-12-2016),HearMeRoar  (24-12-2016)

AdornedWithCats is online now Winner 2013 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Winner 2014 - Best Username

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 12/6/15Funniest Caption400 Posts in a week300 posts in a week
    Biting my tongue so I don't say something to someone I have to spend all day with tomorrow.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to AdornedWithCats For This Useful Post:

Mason98  (24-12-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    The last few weeks have been an absolute joke with my mum. She has been in the worst moods and it's really affecting kiddo. She has come home for Christmas to see him open his presents before she leaves again but I question why even bother when you aren't even talking to anyone and have nothing but an attitude. I am over it. I just seriously don't get why one would even bother coming back.

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Myztiks#1Fan For This Useful Post:

AdornedWithCats  (24-12-2016),gingermillie  (24-12-2016),Mason98  (24-12-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm feeling so crap about Christmas that I can't even bear to wish people a merry Xmas. Ahhh usually I'm not so grumpy. I've turned the free-to-air Tv off and hiding from Christmas though Apple TV.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to babyno1onboard For This Useful Post:

Mason98  (24-12-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Week ended 24/7/2014100 Posts in a week

Default Crappy Christmas' united

I took the kids to mass tonight. I was really looking forward to it as I adore the story of Jesus' birth plus we sing carols before the service and they're all my favourite. DS1 was super anxious and obsessing over his hair as it was "itchy" (no lice or dandruff and he has a #2 buzz cut) so I was trying to distract him by holding his hands. DS2 detests church and refused to participate in anything (his right of course) and kept asking me how much longer every couple of minutes. DD cried, clung to me, lay on my lap, got me up to go to the toilet 5 minutes in to the service etc etc. So, I didn't get to enjoy my favourite mass of the year.

Then, last weekend, I asked my brother if he'd set up Santa's presents and drop them around the backyard while we were at mass as the kids wouldn't go out the back once we were home. He said that was fine and I messaged him a couple of times during the week to make sure. So when we left the house this evening, I sent him a message advising him he had a couple of hours to drop the presents around. Then I sent him a text as soon as mass finished and he was still assembling them. No worries, we went and looked at lights for 45 minutes. Then I rang mum to see if he'd been and he hadn't. So we sat in the Maccas car park and had a late night feed. Then we went for another drive. Called mum again, still nothing. I had to come home then because the kids were tired and bored and I don't have much fuel. So I was fuming by then. Anyway, my brother has messaged mum and said he'll drop them around in the morning. The kids wake up at 5am Christmas morning. So their Santa presents won't be here. How the hell do I explain that? Gggrrr.

THEN. Instead of making our way out to our family around lunch time tomorrow, they now want us there at 10am which mean we'll have to leave here just after 9am.

Thanks for letting me vent. I know my vents are nothing compared to everyone else xx

**Please don't quote**

18. The Following User Says Thank You to HearMeRoar For This Useful Post:

babyno1onboard  (24-12-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Mason98 View Post
    Well!!
    This Christmas was going to be a bit of a crappy one on the count of my family being overseas and no hearing.
    But Santa brought be an early surprise yesterday, I have one functional Cochlear processor until I can get my own a bit after new year!

I'm not long home, I have been at my friend and her families house, it's been a great day and another big one with them tomorrow! @Cicho I can't agree more 2016 can eat a bag of dic*s. Lets hope 2017 is an awesome year for us all.
    That's awesome news!

20. The Following User Says Thank You to amyd For This Useful Post:

Mason98  (24-12-2016)