+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Crappy Christmas' united

Just thought I'd start a thread for those of us who will be celebrating Xmas alone or with loved ones missing and/or are generally having a crappy Xmas.

Here is a place for us to vent and support each other.

I don't like ruining the Xmas spirit and don't want to clog up the other threads with my negativity!

DH, DSS1 and DSS2 are all away. DD and I are super bored and I'm almost wishing I was not on holiday from work.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My kids are at their dads. My parents are at my brothers and we were planning to go my bio families for Christmas but they have had a big blue and MIL is sick so boring quiet sad Christmas here.

harvs is offline Winner 2014 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Winner 2016 - Member you'd most like to meet
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 2/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/3/15Busiest Member of the Week200 Posts in a week
    I'm broke and have basically bankrupted myself for Christmas. We are staying at mum's for Christmas and she inexplicably invited my ex and his MIL around for Christmas lunch so I'm tense and annoyed that she would do that without consulting me.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Week ended 24/7/2014100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by harvs View Post
    I'm broke and have basically bankrupted myself for Christmas. We are staying at mum's for Christmas and she inexplicably invited my ex and his MIL around for Christmas lunch so I'm tense and annoyed that she would do that without consulting me.
    No way..... that is not cool oh your mum at all.

I too have bankrupted myself for Christmas, so much so I can't pay rego next week. My anxiety is very high and my usually very understanding family are not very understanding. Ever since DS1 was a baby, I've always said that I just want to spend Christmas at home so the kids can be kids and enjoy their presents in peace. Every year, plans are made without consulting me and I am made to feel terrible if I say we are staying home. This year, we are off 45 minutes away. It'll be nice, don't get me wrong, but the boys are getting so much lego plus new Xbox games and they will be upset to leave them behind. First world problem, I know, but I just want to be listened to once.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Crappy Christmas' united

2nd year in a row of no kids for Xmas . Yes they are adults but gosh it would be nice to have them with me . So yet again another crappy year where I'll cry and be miserable. I truly detest Christmas Day with a passion. I wish it was over

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Just another sad sack here... thinking of you ladies...

Miss my baby "gone to soon 2/11/12 my emotions are as real and raw now as they were back then...
    but now life as a single mum.. 2 children is a whole new world I never thought is be in 😔

Thanks
    Reviews
    My DH is FIFO and this is the fourth Christmas in a row he's not home for. Our families are all on the opposite coast and I don't think I can cope with one more "I miss my daddy". We celebrated early but it still doesn't feel the same. If it wasn't for the kids I'd hide under the blankets and just pretend it wasn't happening.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Decided to turn off FB as I can't handle all the Xmas happiness. It's just too much for me

Thanks
    Reviews
    DH is away this year (FIFO) so we celebrated last Sunday, it was great & it felt like 'real' Christmas, the kids had so much fun opening their Santa presents & playing with them... we rounded out the day with going to see the local Christmas lights, it was great...

Fast forward to today... DS has woken up with gastro... we are supposed to be going to my folks for lunch & my sisters for dinner tomorrow & I have so much to prepare for it but have hardly got anything done because DS wants me to sit with him, he's sleeping at the moment but I don't want to make too much noise & wake him up! I know tomorrow I'll be sad because DH is away & it sucks being apart... but I am going to try & remind myself it could be worse, my sister is about to spend her 3rd Christmas as a widow with her 2 boys (4yo & 6yo)... & hopefully I don't hear 'all I want for Christmas' that song kills me!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    I will be alone most of the day. Kiddo heading out and the rest of the family are doing their own thing. Least I have some booze, the pool and netflix. Will make it much more enjoyable.