+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Sometimes we do, sometimes we don't. Usually DP will get me something (some of my favourite chocolates) and he'll either buy himself something or ask me not to get anything.

This year he's bought me chocolates and a cardigan I really liked. I bought him 4 stemless wine glasses ($8) so that he has something to open. He didn't want me to get him anything, but we were going to get those anyway :P

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Sometimes we do, depends on if we need anything or not. Sometimes we buy something for the house (furniture etc) as a joint present.

hakuna matata is offline The artist formerly know as babyhopeful
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    We do. I love Christmas!! Even our dog gets us all a present

I think it's important to give each other a thoughtful present and have our DS witness that so he can one day be a generous, loving, gorgeous partner for someone.

Thanks
    Reviews
    We do get each other stuff but I would like to tone it down (DF doesn't want to and spends a fortune on presents and give me ideas of things to buy him which are really expensive). I love getting people presents when I find something that I know they will really like. I despise giving present for the sake of it, when it seems kind of token. If I can't think of the right gift I'd sort of rather not give a gift at all. I hate to think of all of the unwanted presents ending up thrown out - such a waste of or precious resources. Too be honest I often give champagne, flowers or chocolate or something if I can't think of the right gift. At least it will likely get used!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by twinklify View Post
    We usually get something. Although it is always useful.

This year for DH it is beer (I have missions to try and get new craft beer he had not had before - and I *think* I succeeded. He gets new pj shorts from the kids. And beard shampoo/conditioner as the dude I buy beard oil from just started making some!

Next year will be a beer tour. He is a simple man of wanting good beer.

I think just do whatever works. I don't like getting stuff he will not ever use just to buy something.
    Next year, you should order him a Beer Advent Calendar from Boozebud. I ordered my DH one this year and he loved it, it was full of 25 different craft beers - all from boutique brewery's that he has never heard of.

Dan Murphy's have one too but it's full of common beers apparently.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

Default Not getting each other Xmas gifts.

Sometimes we do, sometimes we don't, it depends on what we've done through the year or have coming up. If we have a big holiday coming up we usually don't, or we will just give each other something small to open. This year we haven't said not to do anything but both of us have said 'I don't know' for what we want. We both have grabbed each other a little something but already know what it is (DH from looking at our cc bill and me because he was worried he got the wrong size and only had 14 days to exchange). I did just grab him a bottle of boutique gin as a surprise. He said he wants some 'leave' passes , so I thought I'd make a few and stick them in a card. I told him I just want to be 'allowed' to go on a little shopping spree for some clothes as I feel like nothing fits since having ds2.

This is the first year ds1 is excited about Christmas so I'm more excited about watching him on Christmas morning and not really fussed about ourselves. Grandparents are getting a calendar of the boys I make every year and a tea towel ds1 made at preschool. We don't buy gifts for our siblings, only our nephews.
    Last edited by HollyGolightly81; 24-12-2016 at 01:03.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    We usually get something. Although it is always useful.

This year for DH it is beer (I have missions to try and get new craft beer he had not had before - and I *think* I succeeded. He gets new pj shorts from the kids. And beard shampoo/conditioner as the dude I buy beard oil from just started making some!

Next year will be a beer tour. He is a simple man of wanting good beer.

I think just do whatever works. I don't like getting stuff he will not ever use just to buy something.
    I bought DH a craft beer subscription one year, every month 12 different beers came to try. He doesn't need anything really so I usually do some sort of food or drink or experience (last year I gave him a gin tasting tour) as he really doesn't want or need random 'crap.'

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

Does this mean your husband is a hipster?

Thanks
    Reviews
    DH and I sometimes do and sometimes don't depending on finances. We've had some big expenses this year so we're in a 'no presents for each other' year. I love Christmas, but don't care if it's better for us financially to spend a bit less money.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Alicia111 View Post
    Next year, you should order him a Beer Advent Calendar from Boozebud. I ordered my DH one this year and he loved it, it was full of 25 different craft beers - all from boutique brewery's that he has never heard of.

Dan Murphy's have one too but it's full of common beers apparently.
    I was thinking about it. I think next year. But I also saw a whisky one that looks awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by HollyGolightly81 View Post
    I bought DH a craft beer subscription one year, every month 12 different beers came to try. He doesn't need anything really so I usually do some sort of food or drink or experience (last year I gave him a gin tasting tour) as he really doesn't want or need random 'crap.'
    I did that once too. He doesn't like the magazine as much as he did years ago. It got him back into brewing beer.

Quote Originally Posted by HollyGolightly81 View Post
    Does this mean your husband is a hipster?
    Hahahahaha. He will say no. He is a little a think!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to twinklify For This Useful Post:

HollyGolightly81  (24-12-2016)