ADVERTISEMENT

+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Angry Right thing to do or not?

I have mentioned on here before that DS is a very talented cricketer (plays rep squad and will be trialing for the state team. Up until a few weeks ago he played u14s, U16's, and the 2nd and 3rd senior teams
    All of a sudden he is only playing with the u14s and doing the bare minimum - scheduled to come in at 10 or 11 when batting (only do 40 overs of each so most weeks he hasn't batted - has made 3 runs in the 2 innings he has had- both times got to end.of the teams innings. With bowling he is an extremely talented leg spinner who was been lucky enough to have had some coaching from Warne (thanks to contacts within his team) and when he is on he is literally unplayable. He has not bowled any more than 2 overs in a game - there is not one other child who has.bowled so little. Being a baseball pitcher he is exceptionally good at getting direct hit runout when fielding - not so good at catching without a glove on. Is never put at point which suits him best. Also playing a part in the decision I've made is that his.current team are not friends of his (come from all over the place-very few locals)and in the 5 or 6 weeks not one of the parents have asked how I'm going in hospital even though they all know I've been in hospital.

So DS and I came to the conclusion that we are going to change cricket clubs. The new club is very.close to home (less than 5 min drive), he knows everyone on the team -including 2 of his best friends. So have I done the right thing moving club's? The main reason for the change is the coach. DS has had his love of afl destroyed by this man and I'm seeing the same thing happen with cricket, a game he has been obsessed with since he first saw it being played, and that he hopes to one day be lucky enough to play professionally and is putting in the effort he needs. to achieve that. So is changing clubs the right thing to do?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Sounds like it is

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I'd change... if he's not happy there you could always change him back the following year.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Yep. Change. Definitely.