ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
    Thanks
    Reviews
    When we were landlords we insisted on having our rental property pest sprayed for ants, cockroaches, spiders, silverfish etc every year. Beats having to get rid of the roach sh!t smell - if that os even possible and avoids infestations incase of bad tennants. With the ants @MysticFalls I'd tell the agent to suggest the landlord spray. 😉

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by MysticFalls View Post
    One thing I CANNOT stop is the ants coming in! He is just going to have to live with that. This place has ants in every room
    Yeah, I wouldn't worry about that. If the house is spotless, it's not your fault there's ants in there.

I recall a townhouse we moved out of had a lot of roaches move in once we had all our stuff out and the place was professionally cleaned. The area was rife with them. Real estate didn't say anything.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Mod-Degrassi For This Useful Post:

mckel  (12-01-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by delirium View Post
    They did? *shrugs* This was a over a decade ago but from memory it was around the 14 day mark we went to claim our bond and were told they had already claimed it. They then helped themselves to 1/2 of it for issues that were not only 100% fair wear and tear and lack of maintenance, but should have cost a fraction of what they took. By this stage we'd had so many issues with them we weren't up for taking them to the tribunal.
    Did you sign the bond claim form before the bond amount was filled in??? I've worked in real estate since 2001 and I've literally never known of a tenant who has had their bond taken without their permission. The only way it's possible is if tenants sign a blank form and blindly trust the agent to do the right thing. Once you sign a blank form you're asking for trouble.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    How did you get the stains out of the toilet? The water has stained mine. So frustrating, always looks grubby

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Gloves baking soda (lots) vinegar and a scrubbing brush stiff bristles. Use loads of vinegar and baking soda. Coarse salt works as well in that mix too. Scrub away. Fingers crossed when you flush

7. The Following User Says Thank You to MysticFalls For This Useful Post:

AdornedWithCats  (12-01-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MysticFalls View Post
    Gloves baking soda (lots) vinegar and a scrubbing brush stiff bristles. Use loads of vinegar and baking soda. Coarse salt works as well in that mix too. Scrub away. Fingers crossed when you flush
    I've also carefully used gumption and if the loo bowl is porcelain you can use a pumice stone!