+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi AmyEL 🤗
    Just wondering how your DD is going without her dummy? My DD4 has just had her 2nd night without hers and the sobbing and pleading breaks my heart😢. She is so different to my DD2 giving up hers. It only lasts about 10-15 mins but then she says she's scared and wants me to stay with her. I do stay until she has calmed down but don't want to get into the habit of her needing me to fall asleep. Today will be the first day she has her day sleep without it (was at daycare yesterday) and I'm wondering if she'll even go down?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 29/5/15Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Was only a few days for us. How old is she?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by L.j View Post
    Hi AmyEL 🤗
    Just wondering how your DD is going without her dummy? My DD4 has just had her 2nd night without hers and the sobbing and pleading breaks my heart😢. She is so different to my DD2 giving up hers. It only lasts about 10-15 mins but then she says she's scared and wants me to stay with her. I do stay until she has calmed down but don't want to get into the habit of her needing me to fall asleep. Today will be the first day she has her day sleep without it (was at daycare yesterday) and I'm wondering if she'll even go down?
    Does she have a comfort teddy/toy to sleep with? Both my kids love theirs and wouldn't sleep without one. DD is 6 and she still sleeps with hers!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi girls. She is almost 3 years old. Yes she's recently started to sleep with toys (refused to before) so the last two nights she's had a small Paw Patrol toy in each hand and a soft toy bunny under her arm (hugging it). It sounds like too much but she used to have 2 dummies (one in her mouth and one to hold) so I think she just likes the sensation of having her hands full. She's about to go down for a nap now. Fingers crossed

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default How little did it take your toddler to settle after dummy removal?

It actually took 3.5 weeks... she is now going to sleep well & saying 'no cry' 'no cry' but we where super strict on her cause that's the sort of kid she is, give her an inch & she'll take a mile... so door open & no going into her if she was crying, only is she called out without the hysterics... cause we found if we went into her to calm her she'd calm but as soon as we left the room she'd start all over again... less crying & less hysterics if we left her to cry it out (as hard as that is!) but she has now learnt that if she goes to sleep 'no cry' I will check on her 3 times (I just go in tell her good night again & tell her I love be her) which is the same as her brother gets next door... the best thing out of it all is that she is actually sleeping so much better, she used to wake for the dummy a lot but now she just sleeps!! (Touch wood!!) anyway stick with it, you'll win in the end & everyone will be better off!!

Also she sleeps with 4 comforters!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    4 comforters?! I think we have to increase our number as well. Still not quiting dummy. I just don't know how given that ds still doesn't seem to understand what I am saying. Any comforting word etc.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for replying Amy. I'm glad u r over the hard yards! Yes I find we have to be consistent too and give some tough love. She did sleep this arvo but took a while and did not sleep as long as before the dummy. Also she was super grumpy when she woke. Tonight was our best night so far. We read a book I laid with her and cuddled (only 2 mins) and then left. She cried a little and I went back in and gently but firmly reminded her that she couldn't keep alllllll her toys in bed with her if she was going to cry. That worked and I actually heard her talking to herself for a while after I left which was nice. I agree not getting up through the night to find the dummy is nice 😉 Fingers crossed all the hard work pays off

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by bbhope View Post
    4 comforters?! I think we have to increase our number as well. Still not quiting dummy. I just don't know how given that ds still doesn't seem to understand what I am saying. Any comforting word etc.
    My DD was in a brace for hip dysplacia for 6 months so couldn't move very far in her cot, so we gave her 4 comforters in the hope she would be able to find at least 1 before she screamed for help... it was another reason she would call for help & never really learnt to find her dummy! Now she knows the difference between 1 & 4 so she has kept them!! Lol