+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    No we don't let our kids win. Our DD also struggles with losing but is getting better. Mind you she always flogs everyone when we play memory!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    What games are you playing? I haven't been successful in getting my 5 & 3 yr olds to stick to the rules of any board or card games! They get creative and no one ends up winning or loosing.

Thanks
    Reviews
    DS just turned 5. We play trouble, uno, snap. We stop playing if he cheats, it took a few times but he plays properly now.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Candiceo View Post
    What games are you playing? I haven't been successful in getting my 5 & 3 yr olds to stick to the rules of any board or card games! They get creative and no one ends up winning or loosing.
    We play snap, memory, Beetle, a Very Hungry Caterpillar game, Trouble, Mouse Trap, UNO and she is getting disney Guess who for Xmas. They played lots of board games at Preschool this year which I think helped learning about turns and rules. She listens to people who arent me more lol.

At 3 I only had success with memory but I reckon Beetle or Mouse trap would work with a patient 3 year old

Thanks
    Reviews
    We play monopoly, uno, trouble, operation, memory, scrabble.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

Default Do you let your children win?

Kids headbanz is great for younger kids, as well as snakes and ladders and guess who ( we have the avengers and Star Wars ones so DS beats us every time as he knows all the characters better than we do!) now he's older (6) he loves Uno and monopoly and I've bought him the Beat the parents game for Xmas so that should be fun!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    We don't let her win but she might get advantages. If she doesn't lose graciously we will stop playing, she almost 5 but we also have a 2 year old. We have a trouble style game but she does get bored with it, both love hungry hippos(although ours are crocodiles) and a steal the egg from the nest game where the Dino launches at you. We also did the herald sun mini games and there are some she was able to play in there. We have snakes and ladders, uno and mousetrap coming for Christmas and a friend gave us cake splat which we haven't played with cream yet.

Thanks
    Reviews
    We don't let her win but we play games she understands so it's fair. I'll even throw down draw 4s in uno haha