+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Single parents on christmas day

First Christmas on our own as a single mum... no other family this year...
    the girls will be with their dad Christmas eve day/night.. then he's dropping them off to me 9am Christmas day.. what traditions have you started being a single parent... I thought "santa " could hide the parents throughout the house and made it like a treasure hunt... thinking of taking the to the beach in the arvo, hopefully they can play with other kids.. Haven't really thought of.. food.. maybe some prawns.. being just the 3.. don't want to buy excess food.. what do you single parents do to make it a fun day if there's no other family ????

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    No idea what myself and my son will be doing. It will be only us 2. Everyone else has plans, no friends are available. I figure we can chill in the pool and have a drink(kiddo can have a soft drink and I will have some sort of adult drink). Will also be my first Christmas off work in 5yrs.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm not a single parent, but have had orphan Christmas. My fave was having a Mexican themed day - for no reason - spending time prepping for it all thanks to our local $2 shops was more fun! Sombrero, 7 layer nacho dip (google) and fun cocktails (could do no alcohol) with little umbrellas
    and pineapple. Prawns on BBQ and ******ed Mexican themed music. ''Twas silly and fun

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oops......s t r e a m e d

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks ladies for the ideas...
    Brought some of that fake snow and spread it sounds their gifts from santa.. hide the gifts from me... will have chicken snitzle and cheesecake for the dessert. the weather here is brissy is drizzly.. so not sure about the beach idea now.. maybe a movie day ?,, currently waiting for the x to drop off the girls.. he said 9am !!!!9:30 now... so folding washing... Yippppeeeee 😔

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    I had plans to drink and swim as kiddo is out but cbf going out into the rain now. I will go and set up the PS4 and chill with a drink. Few games to choose from that I can play. Might try the car racing one first

Thanks
    Reviews
    DD is with her Dad this morning for a few hours. She'll be back for Christmas lunch. Can't wait for her to come back and enjoy her presents! Planned a bike ride on her new bike but it's raining here too!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey thanks for replying ladies.. good to know I'm not the only sad sack here... onto my 3rd coffee now... and onto 2nd basket of washing to fold...
    think next one will a a vodka...
    I'm sure that would be okay... it's Christmas.. if people can have champaign breaky... right 🤔🤔🤔🤔

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have already started having a drink. Have the radio on, just finished cleaning the house apart from the loungeroom, my ex is coming over to have a drink with me and we will prolly chill watching a movie or 3 til kiddo comes home.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am not a single parent anymore but when I was, I used to download a new pc game and just play until i get to see the kids again with a huge container of christmas m&m's. It made the day go fast.