+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default normal behaviour for 4.5yr?

hellllllpppppp my sweet boy is changed the last month or more. I don't know why..
    he cries at the drop of a hat. like when it's time to pack up for getting a shower ..cry and winge. cries when I say no to a food.. cries when I say I'm not going outside with him..he can still go.
    just cries.

I'm due for baby number 2 so is this why? or is this normal for 4.5yrs?
    I also have trouble disciplining him because most of the time when he cries over nothing it still pulls at my heart strings.
    he is also bad with throwing things at me if I ask him to pack away etc.
    it's at both dh and me.. not just me.

he does get over it and then comes to say sorry.. but 5mins later he is melting down again.. what do I do? do I send him to his room each time? need real help here thanks..

Thanks
    Reviews
    no one has experienced this too? I'm guessing it either his age or upset over the new baby but don't know how to help

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    My DS is not that age but I think it is a case of new baby/changes. Is he starting school next year too?

If he is misbehaving I would stick to the same discipline as he has had previously. If he is crying etc due to being upset then I would not.

Thanks
    Reviews
    the crying isn't because he is upset/hurt but just because he doesn't want to do something.. he has been in school already so only change is my belly is getting huge waiting for number 2

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/4/15100 Posts in a week
    My DD can sometimes be like this and I find its when she needs me the most and I've maybe not been giving her enough of my undivided attention.

So it's partly that and partly to see how far she can push before I respond.

So I would say it's him being nervous about what another baby means.

How far along are you? If you're third trimester I'm assuming you're probably let getting tired and maybe don't have the same energy to put into playing with him etc?

I would focus on showering him with love and over the top positive praise so he knows he's still loved and very special to you. I know my DD absolutely equates the amount of time I spend with her with the amount I love her - which is absolutely not true, but that's how she sees it.

Good luck OP.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to A-Squared For This Useful Post:

Wise Enough  (22-12-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I think I've heard that there is a testosterone surge in boys when they are four and they become very emotional from it. Maybe google that?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Actually apparently that's false . But maybe this article and the other links included in it will help.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/sarah...?client=safari

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    I'm not sure it's the impending sibling? Usually young kids don't change behavior until something directly Affects them in the moment. As pp suggested could it be a case of you being tired/changes to routine etc? Your 4.5 not getting as much sleep as is needed?

Perhaps talking to your GP could help rule other things out? (Sensory issues etc)

Good luck

Thanks
    Reviews
    thanks for the tips. I didn't think I wasn't giving him enough attention but maybe I'm not . I wish he could just tell me what is wrong so I could fix it

11. The Following User Says Thank You to kim85 For This Useful Post:

A-Squared  (22-12-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hello,
    At this age, your child is exploring and learning to express his emotions for example, by talking, using gestures, noises and pointed many other things about which he wants to know.So, don't worry many changes can occur according to age.