+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Greenslopes Maternity feedback

Hi guys
    Just had a tour of greenslopes and I absolutely LOVE it. Can't wait to go, did y'all like it too? Has anyone got some feedback on Ken Law, were you happy with him?

Also, for those who had a C section at greenslopes, were you able to have skin to skin while still in the operation room or did you have to wait until recovery?

TIA!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger
    I had DD2 by schedule caesarean at Greenslopes 8 months ago. It was fantastic! I highly recommend it.

I had DD1 at Sunnybank and specifically went to Greenslopes because they allow babies in recovery (they don't at Sunnybank).

I didn't have skin to skin in the operating room because DD2 needed oxygen but they put her on me as soon as it was possible which was as they wheeled me out of the operating theatre. I'm sure if she didn't need oxygen they would have had her on me in the operating room. I made a point to let my Ob and midwives know I really wanted skin to skin and to breastfeed and they were SO helpful. I would go back in a heartbeat.

Sorry no info about Ken Law. I saw Melissa McKenzie and she was amazing.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Mama Mirabelle For This Useful Post:

SamandJo88  (20-12-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Mama I love that they at least have an option of a well baby nursery too, I almost fainted when midwife showed me, I thought they were non existent now. I don't know that I'd use it but it's such a huge relief to know there's at least an option.
    Did not find it was staffed well, did you have to wait very long if you needed to buzz? Food good etc?
    Thanks!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger
    They don't really encourage the use of the nursery unless the Mum is having medical issues, but if they can see you really need a break the midwives are lovely and will take bub for a little while.

I found the wait times much less than at Sunnybank. Of course you do have to wait sometimes if they're really busy but overall I found them really attentive and helpful.

Everyone told me the food would be amazing. To be honest it just seemed like regular hospital food to me, pretty similar to what I got at Sunnybank. I have special dietary restrictions though so maybe the other food that I couldn't eat is above average.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Mama Mirabelle For This Useful Post:

SamandJo88  (20-12-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks so much for your feedback. Any food I don't have to cook is good food for me lol

8. The Following User Says Thank You to SamandJo88 For This Useful Post:

Mama Mirabelle  (20-12-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I had a scheduled c section at Greenslopes 18 months ago. I thought the hospital was amazing. The staff were wonderful. Every midwife and nurse I had were very caring and helpful. I didn't have skin to skin in the operating theatre but I did straight away in recovery. I asked to but I was told it was too cold for Bub so they wrap. I didn't see Ken Law but I had Brad Robison and he was excellent.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks so much everyone. I think specifically what I wanted to know is if they let you hold bub at all in surgery, even if he has to be wrapped?

11. The Following User Says Thank You to SamandJo88 For This Useful Post:

mrsboyts  (21-12-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Greenslopes Maternity feedback

I held my baby while they were sewing me up. They just took him to move me to recovery. He was up near my head the whole time

13. The Following User Says Thank You to mrsboyts For This Useful Post:

SamandJo88  (21-12-2016)