+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Foundation recommendation?

I haven't used foundation for a few years - I've just been using Garnier BB cream which has suited me fine as a light makeup and it's super cheap and easy. At the moment though my skin is awful. I've had an allergic reaction to a medication which caused a skin rash a couple of weeks ago and my skin is still blotchy and yuck and I think I'd benefit from proper makeup at the moment but no idea what to get?
    I'd prefer not to have to go to a shopping centre being the week before Xmas so something I can just get at Priceline would be handy.
    I have sensitive skin that is combination oily/dry and also prone to spots. I'm quite pale too and struggle to get the right tone (make up either looks pink or orange on me). I'd prefer something not too heavy in coverage but also not too sheer.
    I have NO idea about makeup any ideas?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I wear Maybelline Fit Me dewy & smooth and I think it would suit your criteria.

I'm also pale and I found it easy to get a good match. It's easy to get a nice even application and it's not at all heavy (I don't do heavy foundation).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mod-Degrassi View Post
    I wear Maybelline Fit Me dewy & smooth and I think it would suit your criteria.

I'm also pale and I found it easy to get a good match. It's easy to get a nice even application and it's not at all heavy (I don't do heavy foundation).
    Thank you! I will check that out hopefully today if I get a chance.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I'm currently using Youngblood liquid mineral foundation. (colour Pebble) I love it. I think I have previously tried every brand under the sun lol. Out of all the ones I've tried covergirl was my base teenager/young adult makeup. I tried Mac in my late twenties/early thirties and LOVED it and would probably still be using it - however since having my daughter my skin has gone super sentitive and I react with rashes and burning or flushing with everything I have tried. So far though this youngblood make up causes me no issues at all.

It gives plenty of coverage I think to spots and blemishes...but sheer enough to not be cakey which I hate

5. The Following User Says Thank You to erinn For This Useful Post:

gingermillie  (19-12-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I've never seen it in a shop though - I buy mine at the local beauty/hair salon....or you can buy online

TheGooch is offline Winner 2014 - Newbie of the Year
    Winner 2016 BubHubs DIVA Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    You could also try bourjois healthy mix or healthy mix serum.
    I remember it feeling light and blended nicely and had compliments when I wore it.
    I think I prefer the serum one better. I'm shade 52-53 and I know there's a lighter one. In Mac I was nw20 and in Chanel I'm b20, so quite light.
    I have a neutral undertone but due to broken capillaries I can look quite pink. I found bourjois was a nice neutral beige.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to TheGooch For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGooch View Post
    You could also try bourjois healthy mix or healthy mix serum.
    I remember it feeling light and blended nicely and had compliments when I wore it.
    I think I prefer the serum one better. I'm shade 52-53 and I know there's a lighter one. In Mac I was nw20 and in Chanel I'm b20, so quite light.
    I have a neutral undertone but due to broken capillaries I can look quite pink. I found bourjois was a nice neutral beige.
    This.

It 'feels' light and does not look cakey.

A non priceline recommendation is the CC cream from It Cosmetics. It is from Sephora and is pricey but has great coverage and still lightweight.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to twinklify For This Useful Post: