Closed Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Albert01 View Post
    I know it because I work in this area. And as Big Red V said, I'm not motivated by spitefulness or hate. I am both genuinely perplexed by some of the details in the OP's first post and concerned that people are becoming emotionally invested in a story/post/person which isn't entirely genuine or honest.
    Did his response to big red and yourself not satisfy you?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/4/15100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Little Miss Sunshine View Post
    Sorry @Mason98 for your thread to be derailed.

I'd rather give advice and support on a forum than pick apart an individual.

I think it's nasty and potentially damaging to question/interrogate people like this, especially with his story.

If you're suss, report or move on.

It's not like a spam post trying to flog something or asking about nipples.

(And I figured out how to tag by looking at other posts).
    This!

Maybe some people have led such sheltered lives they can't comprehend how this could actually be someone's life.

I'd rather play the fool and help someone out than be mean.

And yes nothing has been about nipples or anything sexual related.

It's not difficult to work out how to tag people and it's not so far fetched that at Christmas time is a time where people feel lonely and need to reach out. What are they supposed to do, sink into depression because they feel they have to build up familiarity on a website before seeking help?

Remember suicides at Christmas are extremely common, let's not risk making someone feel like they can't reach out at this time of year.

3. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to A-Squared For This Useful Post:

babyno1onboard  (20-12-2016),BettyV  (20-12-2016),Little Miss Sunshine  (20-12-2016),Mama Mirabelle  (20-12-2016),Mason98  (20-12-2016),Mokeybear  (21-12-2016),Mum-I-Am  (20-12-2016),twinklify  (20-12-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Is it so hard to believe that someone who is hearing impaired or have a disability can raise a child? I have read so many post about people wanting to know about other people lives, careers, how much they earn but once someone opens up about having a disability people freak out or are quick to judge..... well heres news for you all my mum is deaf she raised me fine i am vision impaired and having my first bub i work in disability within a social work role! Kicking goals in life.
    Mason i hope you get your implant fixed ASAP as i can understand how frustrating this must be not be able to hear clearly without it! I hope you can spend xmas with your friend and enjoy time with your son all the best mate! Xx

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Thecrazycatlady For This Useful Post:

Mason98  (20-12-2016),Yogis Mumma  (21-12-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I appreciate all the really kind things you mostly have all said.

I don't want to cause trouble so if a mod will be so kind to close the thread I promise I will do nothing more than come here to just read and try to learn what I can.

When I posted my intro post it was actually an intro document I was asked to write back in September, I copied and pasted it to a forum I didn't change my sons correct age on the post, I also never thought I'd be picked apart as much as I have been in this thread, there is a lot more to my situation than I say in that post and a lot of details that might help someone that works in "the system" come to terms with where I am.

I came here to just try and do the best I can for my son and learn from people on these forums and ask questions to improve.
    I really thought I was doing the right thing looking for a place to go and just interact with others, I now know I was in error and for that I apologise.

I have no way misled anyone to who/what I am, I am also sorry I did not do a better job at communicating in a better way.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have reported the post to mods to close for you

8. The Following User Says Thank You to twinklify For This Useful Post:

Mason98  (21-12-2016)

harvs is offline Winner 2014 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Winner 2016 - Member you'd most like to meet
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 2/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/3/15Busiest Member of the Week200 Posts in a week
    You are absolutely welcome to come here and interact with others, Mason.

I have similar feelings of loneliness around Christmas to you. It's very hard. I think a Christmas tradition with your son is a wonderful idea - baking cookies, putting up the tree, having a special breakfast, special songs, whatever is in your skill set will I'm sure produce many fond memories for both your son and yourself.

Also, please accept any offers of hospitality. I always feel embarrassed and reluctant to do so (kind of like it's a pity invitation almost), but as Holly said, it is well worth the effort to get out.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to harvs For This Useful Post:

HollyGolightly81  (21-12-2016),Mason98  (20-12-2016),Mokeybear  (21-12-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Definitely keep posting Mason! I've read a few of your comments in other threads and think you are very articulate and thoughtful, just keep doing that and others will come around. I've been on the hub for 4 years now and it is a fab place of support, advice and laughs once people get to know you. We've all had our run ins with the 'regulars' as newbies and felt the same as you. There also aren't many dads around, or they don't post often, so it's nice to have one around if we don't all scare you away.

I always feel a bit embarrassed to accept hospitality, and I imagine since you're having difficulties with your implant it makes it harder, but like harvs and I both said, it is worth it. Last year it was just myself, my husband and son. I found Christmas morning quite nice, being able to do our own thing. Then after lunch we went over to a friend's for drinks and dessert and it made the day pretty perfect, just enough socializing to not feel lonely and to have some fun but also on our own enough to do our own thing and own traditions rather than worrying about everyone else, I realize it is a bit different as I have a husband to help out and talk to. Enjoy your morning doing what you want with your son without others opinions and politics and then enjoy some good food with your friend.

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to HollyGolightly81 For This Useful Post:

A-Squared  (21-12-2016),Mason98  (21-12-2016),Mokeybear  (21-12-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Mason,

My youngest son is 19 and I just couldn't imagine him doing what you are doing at your age and with your disability, you should be so very proud of yourself. Your post has broken my heart, I think a lot of people feel lonely and down at Christmas time and I think it's a very appropriate reaction that you are feeling this way and think it's also a valid emotion that you are feeling abandoned by your parents.

I also think it's a wonderful idea to start your own traditions with your son, he sounds still a little bit young to understand yet but he will enjoy doing these things with you and will be delighted by Christmas morning.

Your writing style and sincerity reminds me so much of my middle son, If we lived in the same state I would literally drag you to ours for Christmas Day!

I'm sorry that your story has been doubted, please don't let it prevent you from seeking support and company from the Hub, you very much sound like you are so lonely and would benefit from the interaction of the Hub.

Keep putting one foot in front of the other, things really will be not always as hard as they are right at this moment.

Big hugs Mason and your little boy xxx

14. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Mokeybear For This Useful Post:

A-Squared  (21-12-2016),CazHazKidz  (21-12-2016),harvs  (21-12-2016),HollyGolightly81  (21-12-2016),Mama Mirabelle  (21-12-2016),Mason98  (21-12-2016),twinklify  (21-12-2016),VicPark  (21-12-2016)