Closed Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default First christmas without my family

Sorry @Mason98 for your thread to be derailed.

I'd rather give advice and support on a forum than pick apart an individual.

I think it's nasty and potentially damaging to question/interrogate people like this, especially with his story.

If you're suss, report or move on.

It's not like a spam post trying to flog something or asking about nipples.

(And I figured out how to tag by looking at other posts).
    Last edited by Little Miss Sunshine; 20-12-2016 at 05:25.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Little Miss Sunshine For This Useful Post:

Mokeybear  (20-12-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I'm sorry you're feeling so lonely. I've lived overseas since 2003 so I know how hard it can be to be away from your parents sometimes. You may have had to grow up but 18 is still so young. Like everyone else said, start little traditions with your son, I know this year will be hard because he doesn't quite 'get' Christmas yet but every year he will understand a bit more and you will end up having a lot of fun with it. Definitely go to your friend's house, we have had a few lonely christmases and getting out for just dessert and a drink helps heaps. I wish I had more advice but hang in there and be kind to yourself.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes that post is mine, I also have a younger brother @BigRedV. Though when I talk about loss, I am talking about loss I am speaking about the two that died.

I have a good relationship with him but it's not the same and I am sure you can see why.

As for standing on my own two feet my parents have helped me to do that it wasn't easy at first but I got there I got a lot of help from them. I did not just step out of him and just do that on my own.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mason98 For This Useful Post:

HollyGolightly81  (20-12-2016),Mokeybear  (20-12-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Can someone just close this thread now I didn't come here for this I'm sorry I posted something like this thread, I'll keep my head down after this and only participate if there is something relevant to my son.

one last thing I've never tagged anyone or anything here because I don't know how.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Also if you look in the intro section for this forum you will see the EXACT same post there as you just pulled off that other forum

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Mason98 For This Useful Post:

HollyGolightly81  (20-12-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Mason, please do not be upset by those posts (easier said than done I know).
    Your story is extreme. Maybe you don't even realise how much because you are living it, but seriously, the stuff you have gone through is pretty full on.
    There have been some seriously rotten people post on this forum in the past pretending to be people they are not. unfortunately you are feeling the repercussions of that. It's not your fault. The world has some rotten people in it and it makes some people assume that everyone is bad.
    Personally I'd rather be taken for a ride and get an "I told you so" after the fact than just assume everyone is a rotten liar.
    Don't stop posting, you certainly sound like you need the support, and this is great place to get that support... once everyone's through all this other stuff.

10. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to CazHazKidz For This Useful Post:

AceOfBase  (20-12-2016),babyno1onboard  (20-12-2016),HollyGolightly81  (20-12-2016),IrishDanceMum  (08-08-2017),Mama Mirabelle  (20-12-2016),Mason98  (20-12-2016),Mokeybear  (20-12-2016),twinklify  (20-12-2016),Yogis Mumma  (20-12-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I too am sorry @Mason98. I hope you amd your son enjoy your Christmas. If you really do decide to bake some cookies look into melted snowmen. That's what Santa is getting this year at our house!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to twinklify For This Useful Post:

Mason98  (20-12-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks to you both.
    I'm not going to stop posting, but just with questions about my son or if I can add to any threads that already exist.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger
    Hi Mason, I just want to reiterate what Caz said. If you stick around this place can be a great support. It can be hard at first when you first start posting here and sometimes get replies that upset you, don't take it personally, once you get used to the varied people and types of opinions and replies that pop up it will be much easier.

It's so normal to feel how you're feeling at the moment. I'm 33 and I don't even celebrate Christmas but my parents and siblings have all gone overseas for the Christmas/ Holiday period and I miss them a lot. I've got a husband and my situation is a lot easier than yours and I still feel a bit down and sad; so how you're feeling is so normal and understandable. Take up any offers for company, it will do a world of good. And just remember as your little boy gets older it will get easier in a way. They become little people who can talk and interact with you and you won't feel so lonely because you'll have a little buddy in your son. They get there before you know it. My little girl is 4 and we can now go out to cafes and restaurants and have proper little conversations and interactions. You'll get there too, just keep going one day at a time. Best of luck..

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Mama Mirabelle For This Useful Post:

Mason98  (20-12-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Albert01 View Post
    I find some aspects of your story hard to believe.
    No teenager in Australia just pops a baby out and discharges herself from hospital like that.

DHS would have been aware of her pregnancy long, long before she gave birth and wouldn't have left the baby in her care or your care without a lot of assessment around family support etc.
    Really? How do you know that?

Anyway OP....I think that the feelings you're having about loneliness are very normal for someone your age under those circumstances. I distinctly remember going through a phase at that exact age where I was still young enough to remember how carefree and easy life was as a child, and because I had moved out of home at age 18 I really missed those days. In some ways resented my responsibilities and freedom (didn't have a child, but was living with my then boyfriend). It took a few years of living out of home for me to sort of 'forget' what it was like to be a carefree child.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Hollywood For This Useful Post:

Mason98  (20-12-2016)