Closed Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Freyamum View Post
    Wow that seems pretty harsh to me.
    They did help me a lot, I live in their investment property, I have to pay rent but I know I have somewhere secure to live.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Albert01 View Post
    I find some aspects of your story hard to believe.
    No teenager in Australia just pops a baby out and discharges herself from hospital like that.

DHS would have been aware of her pregnancy long, long before she gave birth and wouldn't have left the baby in her care or your care without a lot of assessment around family support etc.
    Do we really have to pick apart all the new members and their posts and suggest they are not genuine from a small amount of information?

The post said a 'few hours after she was released from hospital' not a 'few hours after birth'.

For all we know DHS was involved and this was the care arrangement that everyone has agreed to.

3. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to twinklify For This Useful Post:

A-Squared  (20-12-2016),Little Miss Sunshine  (19-12-2016),Mokeybear  (20-12-2016),tootsiegirl  (20-12-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    My sil gave birth at 17 and was home in 5 hours. No dhs involvement. Not even after care nurses. Just had to go to the hospital on the 4th day for the heel prick test.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Christmas without family is tough. ☹️️ even at 32 I find it hard. I think the earlier advice to start some traditions with your son is great. Maybe you can recreate some of your favourite childhood Christmas moments with your son too?

6. The Following User Says Thank You to BettyV For This Useful Post:

Mason98  (19-12-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default First christmas without my family

Great idea about starting your own traditions. It doesn't make up for being surrounded by family but it might help.

Doesn't have to cost much. Here are a couple of ideas.

My nephew and I bake cookies on Christmas Eve for Santa, this is the 3rd year and he's already asking what flavour.

Buying or borrowing a Christmas story to read in the lead up.

When I was little we got Christmas pjs every year.

I also loved our annual Christmas Eve drive to see Christmas lights.
    Last edited by Mum-I-Am; 19-12-2016 at 19:10.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mum-I-Am For This Useful Post:

ButterflyMa  (22-12-2016),Mason98  (19-12-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews

Sorry! Pocket post.
    Last edited by BettyV; 19-12-2016 at 18:59.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Albert01
    You are right, there is much more to it, there was a care plan in place before the birth, for which my ex went back on. She did not check herself out of hospital it is when she was scheduled to leave, she was in hospital for 3 days after our sons birth.

When she came through school to drop him off to me, right away school was in my corner and arranged a visit from a social worker with referrals to appropriate help, my parents were shocked but helped a lot DHS was involved, as was Queensland child safety, it took a while to work out all the arrangements but it worked out.

I have weekly appointments with my case worker at a youth organization here on the Gold Coast which are really good for the most part, if only they could help me more with my cochlear issues I would be in a much better place. But that's under control now too, I just can't get the new hardware until after new year.

Any other things you would like to call me on?

11. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Mason98 For This Useful Post:

A-Squared  (20-12-2016),ButterflyMa  (22-12-2016),HollyGolightly81  (20-12-2016),Mokeybear  (20-12-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by BettyV View Post
    Christmas without family is tough. ☹️️ even at 32 I find it hard. I think the earlier advice to start some traditions with your son is great. Maybe you can recreate some of your favourite childhood Christmas moments with your son too?
    Your right, and I'm going to look at something new for the both of us, even if I make cookies with him as someone else suggested I think it would be a great start.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Albert01 View Post
    I find some aspects of your story hard to believe.
    No teenager in Australia just pops a baby out and discharges herself from hospital like that.

DHS would have been aware of her pregnancy long, long before she gave birth and wouldn't have left the baby in her care or your care without a lot of assessment around family support etc.
    I agree. Not saying it to be mean but as a warning for others to be weary. I thought the same thing as you.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BigRedV For This Useful Post:

Albert01  (20-12-2016),VicPark  (21-12-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mason98 View Post
    @Albert01
    You are right, there is much more to it, there was a care plan in place before the birth, for which my ex went back on. She did not check herself out of hospital it is when she was scheduled to leave, she was in hospital for 3 days after our sons birth.

When she came through school to drop him off to me, right away school was in my corner and arranged a visit from a social worker with referrals to appropriate help, my parents were shocked but helped a lot DHS was involved, as was Queensland child safety, it took a while to work out all the arrangements but it worked out.

I have weekly appointments with my case worker at a youth organization here on the Gold Coast which are really good for the most part, if only they could help me more with my cochlear issues I would be in a much better place. But that's under control now too, I just can't get the new hardware until after new year.

Any other things you would like to call me on?
    I know Albert from here and she is just warning others. It's not coming from a place of nastiness. So many trolls in the past and people have been burnt by getting emotionally involved only to discover they were not genuine.

I have to admit I thought the same thing.

A person joins BH 3 days ago. Knows how to tag. Your story (I'm not saying it's not true) is a bit hard for some to believe. A profoundly deaf identical triplet (whose brothers died in a car accident - wreck which isn't a word we use here much) whose parents made him "stand on his own two feet" by moving him into their investment property alone and made him pay rent (as a profoundly deaf person) at 16 years old with a newborn baby because the mother abandoned the baby. I'm sure you can see why some people would have their guard up?
    Last edited by BigRedV; 20-12-2016 at 04:51.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BigRedV For This Useful Post:

Albert01  (20-12-2016),VicPark  (21-12-2016)