+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

Default Do you have an ex that 'switched teams'?

Have you dated someone who ended up coming out as gay later down the track?

Or if you're gay, have you had an ex that ended up settling into a straight relationship?

I dated a guy in high school who I absolutely adored and he broke my heart went we split up. A few years later I find out he is gay.

This has also happened to a friend of mine, except her dude turned very shortly after they split up!

Just wondering if this is somewhat common. Discuss!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Mod-Degrassi For This Useful Post:

Little Miss Sunshine  (18-12-2016)

AdornedWithCats is online now Winner 2013 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Winner 2014 - Best Username

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 12/6/15Funniest Caption400 Posts in a week300 posts in a week
    Happened to my cousin. Got divorced from her husband and she started going out with a woman. I'm inclined to think she was bi all along but I haven't actually spoken to her about it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I've sold gosh maybe 4 or 5 divorce case houses where they were splitting up because the husband was gay , one where he was transgender, signed the agency agreement as Barry, came to the auction as Kerrie, hilarious to watch the sales guys try not to look uncomfortable ( this was mid 90,s so not very common in normal suburbia back then!)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    There has been at least 5 people at my work that have been married, gotten divorced, then hooked up with someone of the same sex

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Yep. Two of them! Trying not to take it personally 😅

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to JustJaq For This Useful Post:

babyno1onboard  (18-12-2016),Mod-Wise Enough  (18-12-2016),TheGooch  (18-12-2016)

TheGooch is offline Winner 2014 - Newbie of the Year
    Winner 2016 BubHubs DIVA Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Not that I know of, but I did wonder about one ex and I heard a story about another long term ex having an encounter - but that was hard to believe because the girl who told me was a massive tale spinner.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yep. But I don't know if it really counts cause we were teenagers and best friends. As soon as we started dating it was weird and awkward and killed the friendship. He was so mean to me afterwards and I couldn't figure out why at the time (our relationship was very short lived). He came out a couple of years later, and his dad was really awful to him. As an adult I realise that he was probably using me to convince himself he was straight, especially given his dad awful reaction.
    He died in a car accident over a decade ago. The whole thing just makes me sad really. I think we could have been friends again once we were both a bit more mature and he had come to terms with the fact he was gay...but as his life was cut tragically short it never happened. I lost a really good friend.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow this amazes me, I don't have anything to contribute, I did have a boyfriend as a teen who was into the hardcore metal scene, piercings everywhere and a couple of tattoos just as we were breaking up who turned into a very devout born again Christian straight after we broke up! but subbing because I'm interested in these stories.

Thanks
    Reviews

my ex who was a really blokey bloke told me he was bi-sexual. I was really surprised and one of the last people I would think was bi or gay.
    Last edited by Mod-Zeddie; 18-12-2016 at 19:47.

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by JR03 View Post
    Wow this amazes me, I don't have anything to contribute, I did have a boyfriend as a teen who was into the hardcore metal scene, piercings everywhere and a couple of tattoos just as we were breaking up who turned into a very devout born again Christian straight after we broke up! but subbing because I'm interested in these stories.
    I also know a guy who did this and loads of people thought he was joking! He was previously into metal and devil worship kind of music, piercing and tattoos galore and then went on holiday and came back very Christian!