+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

Default Christmas shopping - have you finished?

Pleased to say I'm DONE!

Ended up doing a lot of mine online this year. One present is yet to arrive in the mail, so I'm really hoping it arrives next week (it should).

The only last minute thing I want to grab is a Xmas stocking for DS as I've got a few small items that would be ideal for a stocking. I'll be sure to get that at a non-peak time of the day though - I don't like shopping in crowds!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Mod-Degrassi For This Useful Post:

TheGooch  (17-12-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Yep I'm done
    I thought I was done over a week ago then a friend told me she had a present for dd and I had nothing for her kids as I didn't think we were doing presents this year so had to go shopping again this week for them. I have another friend coming over on Monday and I am hoping beyond hope she doesn't have any gifts for us
    I normally do quite a bit online but this year picked up most in shops.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    No.

I thought I had, until yesterday when I laid all the kids presents out on my bed and wrapped them.

The two I spent the most money on have a smaller pile than the other two. Much smaller. Even though they are teens and know roughly how much I spent, for the sake of my sanity on Christmas day, I need to find something largish and cheap for each of them to bulk their haul out a bit.

I'm still waiting for two presents to arrive in the mail.

Cue Australia Post rant. My international order arrived in Australia two days after I ordered it. You have been holding onto it for 5 days now in a mail facility in Sunshine Victoria. We live in Qld. My DD will be devastated if she doesn't get her main Christmas present on Christmas day.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm only half done but we are doing Xmas early in the new year so I'm not worried.
    It doesn't really feel like Xmas, even the shops here are quiet. I went to woollies at lunch time and it was deserted. It's odd.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Not started and not permitted off ho spiral grounds so looks like nothing will be done here

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    I only started today. 😨
    So no i am not done yet. 😣

Thanks
    Reviews
    I thought I was done but now I'm unsure. I got a Christmas present unexpectedly from a friend yesterday and I didn't have anything for her. I don't know whether I should go out and find her something. She's a wonderful friend and I feel bad I didn't think of her, but my plan was to only do family gifts this year.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm pretty much finished - we still have to pick DD's trampoline up, and for all our parents (three sets) I'm doing fresh hampers from a local gourmet foodstore / deli so I'm leaving them til the last minute. Then the wrapping starts...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Nope not even close to finished need gifts for my 12 and 14 year old niece's, have no idea what to get them. My mum and dad, also my in-laws so left the hard ones to last.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Purchased and 90% wrapped before December. I only need to do food shopping. I hate the shops in December.